II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

ZZZZzzzzzzz's

The more I get, the more I want.
Since it was dark and the kids were whiny last night, we put them to bed at 7:03 pm!! I wasn't sure if they'd "fall" for it...but they went to sleep as easy as ever. BUT...while Matt and I were in there reading books to them, we got sleepy too. So sleepy---that we decided to just go to bed too! At 7:30 pm, we were all 4 tucked away in our dark house sleeping!! Isn't that crazy?
I knew I'd have to get up early to make up for going to bed that soon, so I set my alarm for 5:00 am. I counted it up just before I went to sleep and I figured that would give me 9 1/2 hours of sleep so getting up that early shouldn't be a problem at all. Right? Wrong! I was so sound asleep (and tired) when the alarm went off this morning that I hit snooze until 5:27 without even realizing it. When I actually woke up and looked at the clock, I couldn't believe I had "snoozed" that long! So, I got up, brushed my teeth, put my robe and slippers on and came out here to my computer to work. I've been sitting out here now for 15 minutes and I feel like a zombie. I can't type, the computer screen seems blurry and I am so tired I think if I shut my eyes right now, I'd be asleep instantly.
What's up with that?
I wonder if it's me just being a sissy (because obviously 9 hours of sleep in one night is plenty) or if my body is trying to tell me something?
I was all set to go back to the gym today (I haven't gotten to go all week b/c Grant's been home with strep throat) but now, as tired and drowsy as feel, I really Don't want to go. You know how sometimes when you get out of bed and you are so tired that your equalibrium seems to be messed up...almost like your drunk. You walk into walls and stub your toes and stuff? That's how I feel. I thought for sure I busted my thumb nail off my finger this morning when I went to open the door because I missed the door handle and rammed my thumb into the wall. Ha!
What's weird too is that Matt said he's been feeling like this for about a week now too. Maybe it's the time change---though that doesn't make sense either since we gained an hour. Hmmm?
Well, anyway, I need to get back to work, but I just thought I'd take a break and blog and see if that would wake me up. I don't think it's working. Nevertheless, sleepy or not...this work has to get done.
Hope you all have a Terrific Thursday.
Oh and for those of you who were looking for my "Wednesday Weigh-In" (Kandy)...I told you "I Quit". :o) No really, I did totally take the week off last week from the gym and from counting calories and it was SO nice. No worries. But, I did make myself get on the scale yesterday morning and it was a pound less than last weeks horrible weigh in. It's nothing to get excited about by any means. I am at 147 right now. I was at 145 2 weeks ago--so you can understand my lack of enthusiam. Anyway, I promise, I haven't "quit" for good...just for a week or so. If next Wednesday is any better, I'll start posting my weigh-ins again. I just thought "what's the point" when I am not making any progress, you know!?!

4 comments:

Mojonah said...

I think it has to do with the fall/winter weather. It makes us want to hibernate! That and the dark mornings and nights.

Kate said...

I've felt the same way this week. For me, I think it's the cold weather. I just fall asleep at the drop of a hat. Usually, if I sleep too long (more than 8 hrs.) I just end up feeling really groggy. Strange, huh? But I definitely know how you feel.

KC said...

I'm like that if I sleep more than 8 hrs too. I feel worse, the longer I sleep. Especially if I have slept 8hrs, and then we all take a nap on Sunday afternoon. When I get up I'm just dead for the rest of the night...whereas if I had stayed up, I would have a lot more energy.

Amos said...

Yep Mojo has it right, that is why they call it a "long winter's nap". Haha.