II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Git-R-Done

Matt and I opted to skip the gym this morning (for the first Saturday in months) and help my dad build a fence for his horses. He (my dad) had surgery on his knee about a month ago and he's such a go-getter...that he hasn't ever given it time to heal...which means that now, a month later...it's still hurting him pretty bad. (take notes here Kate!:o) He tried to do the fence yesterday all by himself and didn't get very far before he was in too much pain...so we decided we'd get our work-out today by digging holes and setting poles and pulling fence. It was SO much FUN to be out there working hard like "one of the guys". I hope I made a hand. I tried anyway.
Speaking of my dad, he'll be turning 58 on Monday. I can't believe he's that old. Not that 58 is "that old" but still..for him to be nearing 60 is just crazy. He still seems like my same old dad most of the time. But today, when I saw him nearly fall to the ground from pain (in his knee) it really opened my eyes that he is getting older. Of course..He'd absolutely HATE to know that I just said that. Ha! He still thinks he's about 25 I think.
So, that's how we've spent our Saturday so far. Now I think we are gonna get cleaned up and run into town to do a few errands. I had pictures printed of Matt's buck and he wants to pick those up so he can show them to the guys at work. He's certainly got something to be proud of with that thing. Too bad it's gonna be MAY before we can get it back from the taxidermy place. We did have the meat processed and I think we ended up with 56 pounds. I haven't eaten much deer meat in my life...but since it's lean and healthy...I will learn to like it. Period. And so will my kids. Period.
We have been working on our manger too lately. It's coming right along...almost finished actually. We just ran out of nails so once we get those, we can put the legs on and then I'll take a picture. I will probably paint it an distressed brown color since we just used scrap wood and it's not very pretty. I figure the more rugged it is, the more realistic, right?
Here's a pic of Matt a few days ago when we were just getting started. He's such a handsome handyman, I think!

Here's a pic of Grant with his new Shrek gear on. My grandma brought him this T-shirt and hat when she came home from CA last week and he's been wearing it non-stop ever since!

0 comments: