II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Monday, November 19, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

...At my house anyway! We put up our outside lights yesterday after church (half of them anyway) and then came in for dinner and to put up our inside decorations and tree. It looks SO pretty in here. I just LOVE Christmas decor. All the lights make my house feel beautiful, even when its messy...it just puts a soft glow on everything. I would take some pictures but they just don't do it justice. Still, if I get a chance when everything gets all cleaned up, I'll try to post a couple of pictures of my favorite things.

We are taking Brookyn to the dentist today to get that front tooth looked at. I hope they aren't concerned and don't have to do anything, but I have a suspicion that they'll want to pull her baby tooth out. I know she'll freak about that and I HATE for her to get a negative image of the dentist this early in her life...but we have to trust that he knows what he's doing.

Anyhow, not much else is going on around here. I've had a nice, busy day of cooking, cleaning, washing sheets and laundry all day and it's actually been pretty pleasurable. As long as my hubby and other child are out of the house, I can be quite productive and enjoy myself too.
On the flip side of that, if Matt is home, I am practically useless. I can't get anything done! So strange!

Okay, well, I will write again soon and let you know how the dentist visit went--and also post some pics of the house and all the decor!

2 comments:

Logzie said...

I want to see your decorations!! Post them anyway even if it doesn't do it justice...ok? I promise to post mine when I get them up.

As far as the hubby being home and you not being productive thing...we have the SAME thing!! We both say that we each get more things accomplished when the other is not home...we don't take offense b/c we both agree. HA! We think it's b/c we get to talking and time goes by or something.

KC said...

We were definitely thinking the same yesterday. I cleaned out our spare bedroom, and got it looking the best it has ever looked (since my parents will be staying the night on Wednesday). It felt so great to get that done. So then we got our Christmas stuff down and put up the Christmas tree and decorations. It was so fun! I totally agree, I love this time of year and the way the lights give a soft glow to everything and make the house feel so cozy and full of love. It is so relaxing!

I'll be saying a prayer for Brooklyn and her Dentist Appointment. Let us know how it goes.