II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

A turning point...

So, I've reached a point in my life where I am deciding that I am worth it. I am worth the $15 for good face moisturizer. I am worth the extra $$ to buy the healthier foods. And today...I am worth the extra money it takes to buy GOOD RAZORS! After a great workout at the gym, I was ready to hit the shower. Everything was going great until I decided to do a little extra grooming THERE. All of a sudden the razor slid sideways and SLICED ME OPEN! Immediately blood starting splurting out. (are you getting light headed yet?) I thought I was going to faint. Literally. I had to hold myself up against the shower wall to keep from going down. I was seeing stars. I've cut myself PLENTY of times shaving...but this was no ordinary cut. It would NOT stop bleeding. As soon as I got out and dried off I could see that it was about an inch and a half long! I put a band-aid on it and instantly the blood soaked through. Ugh!
So...of course, I was using a CHEAP razor. The cheapest of the cheap. The kind that come 10 for a dollar I think. Well NO MORE! I am throwing ALL of the rest of them in the trash and I am going to get me the BEST of the BEST (which in my opinion is the Gillette Fusion 5 blade flexible/swivel ones.} They are actually for men and they are supposed to contour to the curves of a guys jaw. I got a free sample one in the mail a while back and I was blown away by the thing. I could shave any curve or bump (like my knee) and the thing would NOT cut me. Anyway, when I went to buy refills for it..I about freaked cuz they are like $10 for a 5 pack! So, I went with the horrible 10/$1 ones. After this episode, that won't be happening again! I herby vow to never buy a cheap razor again! he he


In other "news" Matt brought me a surprise home last night from work! This BRAND NEW AB lounger! A buddy of his was throwing it in the TRASH! It has never even been used...but he said it was taking up too much space in his house and he wanted to get rid of it. Woohoo for my hubby who grabbed it up for me!! I can't wait to start using it! Do any of you have one?


Okay, that's it for today...
Tomorrow is the BIG DAY--Brooklyn's 7th birthday (as well as my BFF Teya's 32nd birthday!) I have a crazy schedule that starts at 8:15 am and goes until midnight!
Here's a glimpse into what my day will be like tomorrow:
8:15 - Drop Brooklyn off at school
8:45 - Pick up check from Dr. office downtown
9:00 - Hair appointment and pick up balloons for party
12:00 - Pick up birthday cake from grocery store
1:00 - Take cupcakes to Brooklyn's school/drop Grant off at Mom's, Get Brooklyn "fixed up"
4:00 - Picture appointment at The Picture People in mall
6:00 - Dinner with Family for Brooklyn's birthday
8:00 - Scrapbooking with my buddies and celebrating Teya's birthday
12:00 midnight---drive home and fall into bed!

Then on Saturday we are having Brooklyn's birthday party at our house!
Yikes!

I'm sure I will have lots of pictures to share with you all when it's all over with!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Ooh - owwwwie! Why is it that men's razors are so much nicer than women's and we have to shave more of our body than they do???? I'll never understand that. Your story reminds me of a time when I was away at someone's summer home for the weekend and I forgot my razor. They said there were disposable ones in the drawer. What they forgot to tell me is that they were like YEARS old. So I ended up gnawing my legs off. Both of my legs - and I mean the WHOLE - thing would not stop bleeding for hours. It was just a crumby dull razor so I couldn't tell when was happening when I was shaving. but then went I went to go in the lake, the blood started pouring out. Yuck! It looked like I had been stabbed - lol. OK - enough of my drama. Good luck tonight w/ all of your plans. What did you end up getting the little one?

Logzie said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I have so much to say right now!!

First let me say that we are SOUL sisters!! I have struggled for so long with not feeling worth the extra things in life like razors and mousterizer that most other people would call "staples" or "must haves". I struggle to change that on a daily basis. I so get what you meant on that one! BTW-you are SO worth it my dear!!!

Secondly, I almost passed out just reading about how much blood you lost!!! OWEEEEIE!!!

Thirdly, Here's what we do in our house. Chuck needs an extremely sharp razor to shave with...so we buy the best of the best. You think $10 for 5 is bad...we pay $26 for 8!!!!!!!!! BUT...they last forever!!! It's a new razor and I'll have to get you the name of it if you are interested. It too came in the mail and he tried it and loved it. I freaked when I saw the price but so far a pack of those razors have lasted him 4 months and there are still 2 left. That's not too bad. Still I must BRACE MYSELF whenever we need to buy more as it really throws my grocery budget out of wack! Ha!

And lastly, since Chuck does need a major sharp razor...he ends up throwing the blades away when they are still perfectly good...in fact...way better than mine were brand new! LOL! So, I just bought another handle that matches his and instead of him throwing those razors away...he gives them to me. That may sound gross to you but hey...we do it. So, I get his blades that he's finished with and they still have TONS of life left in them and we save so much money! You might want to try that.

Well, that was about the longest comment I've ever left! LOL!!

LOVE YA GIRL!!

KC said...

I had been using Stephen's razors for a long time....but then I got a free sample of the women's Venus Disposable razors, and I really like them. They aren't to expensive (not like his blades are), but they aren't the "cheap" ones either. I really like them a lot. :)

tori said...

OHHH MYLANTA! you weren't kidding about that post. i am so sorry, but if it is one thing i do spend money on, it's razors. i too use the gilette fusion razor and i love it.

t