II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

cute or not?



So...back when I was 6 months pregnant with Brookyln (when we decided on what her name was going to be)I bought these letters and painted them to match her room...which was cream with little flowers on them. Well, now that we've re-done her room, I wanted to repaint them. I was just going to do solid colors...but when I got done painting them...you could see the little flowers from the previous design showing through. I put 3 coats of paint on them and you could STILL see the flowers...so I found a peice of scrapbook paper that had all the right colors and used my circle punch to punch out these circles and glue them on. I can't decide if I like the look or not. It's kinda busy looking...but then her quilt is kinda busy looking too...so they sorta match...!?!?! Anyway, tell me what ya'll think of 'em!

8 comments:

Kate said...

I LOVE them! Especially b/c they're homemade. You creative girl, you! I like how they're all different colors and the colors are realy bold. That'll look really cute against the brown paint - it should really stand out. And I like how you kept the circle pattern from the quilt too. Great middle name - she should wear it proudly - tee hee :)

smiling's my favorite said...

I think that the bright paint is refreshing... like spring. I am reminded of easter when I look at the circles on them. I think it was a very creative idea to cover up the flowers from the previos design. You did great.

Domestic Diva said...

I do like them...they are very springy! I would have given up and bought new ones. Good job of altering!

Logzie said...

I think those are GREAT!!! As Kate said, they should look great on that brown paint! You go girl!

Amy said...

Ooh, I really like those letters! Great job! I'm thinking of making some for Easton's room but can't decide on the colors. Great job on Brooklyn's.

KC said...

Those look amazing! Great Job!
Girl, you and Logzie are so creative...I feel like a major loser in that department, compared to ya'll! haha :)

How do you ever come up with these awesome ideas?! It looks so cute! Everyone is right, those colors are really going to pop against that brown paint. Great Job Jen!

Logzie said...

KC-You ARE creative too! Just look at your bathroom!!!!! :0)

MLM said...

I love them! You're an amazingly talented woman...can I borrow some of your creativity and energy?