II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

The results are in---sex is good!

Hey guys...as most of you know, I've been conducting a poll about (shhh...sex!) Here are the final results:
13 people voted total
ONE of you said it was better when you first got married
ONE of you said it was good for a while and then leveled off
TWO of you said it has stayed the same throughout the years
SEVEN of you said it is WAY hotter now
and TWO of you said What sex life?

I am thrilled to report to my young married friend that, in fact, I was right...there is HOPE! That aspect of marriage really does grow and intensify the longer you are together and as you come to know one another more deeply and more completely. I am tempted to say though that this may not be quite the same for non-Christians. I think as Christians, we are more commited to making this part of our marriage a priorty (at least some of us are anyway). Obviously we are not going to be looking to the world to satisfy our physical desires.
Anyhow, I know this is a sensitive subject and I tend to be a blabber mouth so I'm gonna make this short to ensure I don't overdo it.
I just thought I'd let you all know what the verdict was.
Also, as you can see, I am now doing a poll on tattoos. I am interested in finding out what you all think about them. Some (Christian) people I know think they are perfectly fine and great and some I know think it is a complete SIN to get/have one. I'm curious what you guys think....and why. Feel free to leave comments on this post and elaborate on your poll answers.

2 comments:

Kate said...

It's me,Kate. I just changed my id. Good news, indeed on the sex survey! So, catch BL this week? I miss Bonnie-Sue, crazy as she was; she made me laugh. Wanna hear how you're doing on your goals! We start Tai Chi tonight. No calorie burning there, but it's supposed to be very relaxing and good for you, so I'm game.

Amy said...

About tattoos...I have one and I'm not ashamed of it. It's not in a place where people can see it unless I choose to show it to them and I'm glad for that. (It's a heart w/flames on my left hip.)

I don't think if I had it to do over again I would but I don't regret it either. I got it at a time in my life when I was very much asserting my independence and figuring out who I was. I think if Easton ever wants one or wants to know about why I got a tattto I'll tell him truthfully and tell him that I don't think I'd do it again. But that will certainly be one of those tricky situations where I'll wish he'd "Do as I say, not as I do." :)