II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Me independent?

So, I've discovered something about myself here lately. I don't like to be alone. I've always thought I would like it...but now that I've had a couple of opportunities here lately...I'm no good at it. I never was "on my own" so to speak. I got married at 19 and moved right out of my parents house into my new husband's house. Then we had kids and now I REALLY never get to be alone. So twice now I have gone shopping all by my lonesome and all I want to do the whole time I am gone is call someone. Today, we had planned on going into town and running errands with the kids. But...I have a daughter who detests shopping (even if it's for her!) and she was throwing a FIT about having to go. Matt ended up deciding to just stay home with the kids and let me go. Afterall, one of my stops was Victoria Secret (to use a giftcard) and its just not practical to try to buy lingere with a husband and 2 ancy kids in tow. So...off I went. Just me, myself and I. I felt sad the instant I backed out of the garage. Lonely. I tried turning on the radio...but that wasn't comforting. I tried listening to Pastor Bob...but I couldn't get interested. All I wanted to do was call someone. Anyone. It was just too quiet and I needed to talk to someone. But, I couldn't. We are out of minutes on our cell phone plan and for the next 2 days, (until our billing cycle changes on the 8th) we are paying .39 cents a minute for calls!!! So, I sat there in silence driving the 20 minutes to the mall realizing that I apparently don't need "alone time" like I always think I do.
Anyhow, once I got to the stores, I was fine.
What a joke it was trying to shop today! First the traffic in town was horrible. Then, finding a parking spot took like 15 minutes and I still parked half a mile away from the door. Then when I FINALLY got in and pushed my way through the crowds of people at the clearance tables, I hat to wait a minimum of 10 minutes in EVERY store to check out. Ugh! I did find some great deals though. I got the cutest nightgown at VS. It's not sexy in the normal way...it looks like a baseball jersey...but it's SO comfy and Matt actually made googly eyes at me when I walked out of the bedroom with it on...so it must look a little bit cute. It was NOT a bargain. $37 for a sleep shirt!!! AUGH! That's nuts...but I had a gift card so it didn't cost me much (out of pocket).
Then I visited the BabyGap and Gap Kids stores to spend the kids gift certificates they got for Christmas. I got them some cute sweatshirts for half price and Grant a pair of camo pants.
The best deals of the day were at The Disney Store and Hobby Lobby. The Disney store has all their sale stuff an additional 40% off. I got Grant 2 costumes for $12.50 a peice (Lightening McQueen & Pirate from Pirates of the Carribean). I also got Brooklyn a gorgeous dress-up dress for $17. I think it was like $69 originally. She'll love it because she's gotten too big for the ones they sell at Wal-Mart and so she hardly ever gets to dress up with her girlfriends when they come over. They are all smaller than her and can fit in those Wal-Mart dresses...so now she'll have something too. I'm saving it for her birthday (Friday) though so if you see her, don't tell her!
Hobby Lobby has all their Christmas stuff 80% off right now so I got a few cute Christmas things for practically nothing. I got some cute wooden boxes that have magnetic lids for the kids to paint next year for like .40cents each. They had prctically everything scrapbook 50% off...so I stocked up in that dept too (and still only spent about $10). Hooray!
Tonight we all had yummy, fattening pizza and watched The Nativity. I've been wanting to see that since November and we finally did it! I wasn't as impressed with it as I was the first time...but then that might be because we had to pause it like 20 times because the kids kept talking and bouncing around. Guess it wasn't really very interesting for them.

So, my little girl is going to be 7 in 6 days! Wow! She made up a birthday list the other day. I thought I'd share it with you. I left it just the way she wrote it so good luck making out what it says. Leave me a comment and let me know what it is she is asking for.

1. aidog
2. adolhas
3. arildimidcleshin
4. acocmshen

I am not kidding. This is her list. I'll give you one hint. The first letter of each one is "A" _________. I'll post the "answers" in a day or two but I thought I'd let ya'll guess first.

(She really should be spelling better than this by now. I am not sure what's up with that.)

7 comments:

Kate said...

An iDog (these little speakers that llok like a dog for an iPod or any mp3 player)

A Dollhouse??

A Coke machine???

Jenelle said...

We painted one of those magnet boxes for one grandma this year and I picked up 2 more on 80% clearance for next year. It really turned out very "modern artistic" (paint everywhere) but it was personal. Grandma can decide what to do with it ;)
Gotta love clearance.

I found myself having the same issue with "alone time" since I hardly ever get it. Finally learned that the best way to conquer it was to use the time to pray for everything I could think of and random strangers/places that I was passing in the car. Who knew that boredom was God's way of calling me to pray for something that I didn't even know (strangers).

Rachael Rae Diaries said...

Ok this is the most interesting game of mad gab I have ever played. Shes got me stumped on the thrid one. LOL

you know I feel exactly how you feel, I never like being alone. Last night I had the same opportunity to go shopping and I wanted someone to go with me and nobody was available and it was no fun going by myself. I wonder why there has to be something deep down inside that we don't know about. It will be a mystery forever.

Kate said...

a real diamond something????? she's really got me stumped :)

Domestic Diva said...

Hummmm....

I figured out a doll house...but that is it.

Rachel has it right about the game Mad Gab.... :)

tori said...

oh dear. that 3rd one has me stimped. a dog, a doll house, and real diamond something and a coke machine??????

Logzie said...

I have had times like you described before where I am so used to having someone (usually a child!) with me whereever I go and then I feel so lonely when I am alone but after a few minutes of that...I end up praying in the Holy Spirit and then that is all cured. Most of the time I completely enjoy it though. I can let me brain "freewheel" as I call it. Who would have thought that would be such a treat!...(to be able to think my own thoughts UNINTERUPTED!!!!!) LOL!!

Too bad I missed the game!!!!