II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

this is my explanation:

So, I posted a poll question over there to the right. See it? Ya, I know, that's a really personal question to ask. That's why I did it as a poll question and not a question in a post--so you can all remain anonymous. I've just been thinking about how that aspect of my life has changed through the years and I was talking to a young friend who hast just been married 2 years and who is struggling in this area and I wanted to give her some encouragement that it gets better. (or at least for me it has). Of course, that got me to wondering if I am the exception or if a lot of people actually start out with trouble but "find their way" as time passes. Obviously, being the subject of sex, I don't want to pry too much or indulge TMI. So, if you wanna answer, please do...but if you don't and you think "Ahh!..what is she thinking asking something like that" then just don't answer.
Personally, I think its a subject that isn't talked about enough. So many young couples (Christian ones anyway) are getting married with NO CLUE. Okay...that's all I'll say. (for now). he he

2 comments:

Amy said...

Well, I'll admit I'm one of the "What Sex Life" votes. But we did just have a baby 2 months ago and that has a LOT to do with it. I'd also say that I wish I could get J to be less awkward talking about sex. I'd love to be free enough with him to be able to have that conversation. I don't know why but we both are just so shy about that topic. As you know, I have absolutely no problem talking about it with my girlfriends but why can I not talk about it with my wonderful husband? I have no idea. That is something we'll have to work on. Maybe that should be one of our New Year's resolutions. haha. SO glad things got better for you! Hey, maybe your friend needs that book I sent you. :)

Amy said...

I can't believe I'm still the only comment on this post. Come on, people! Don't leave me out there all by myself! :)