II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Liverty

Today was Brooklyn's turn to say the announcements at her school over the intercom. This is a BIG deal to these kids. They only get one turn per year and every person in the entire elementary school is listening. We practiced with her last night what she would have to say which was a pretty lengthy introduction as well as leading everyone in the Pledge of Allegiance and the state pledge. Last night as we were practicing it with her, I noticed that she says "Indivisible, with Liverty and Justice for All." so I corrected her and told her that actually it's "Liberty". She took note of that because she certainly didn't want to say it wrong and have everyone laugh at her. So, finally this morning comes and I decided to go into the school with her and hang around to hear her do the announcements. I was SO PROUD! She did SUCH a good job remembering exactly what to say. She remembered not to talk too fast and to pronounce her words clearly. She did everything PERFECTLY ...that is until she got to that part of the pledge again and said "Liverty". Thankfully though, instead of getting embarrased about it...she just looked at me through the glass window of the principals office and giggled. It was SO cute! She's growing up in SO many ways...but I am so thankful that in someways...she's still just a sweet, innocent little girl!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Yay Brooklyn! Way to go! What a big girl you are getting to be!
Jenni, you have every reason to be so proud of your beautiful, smart girl.
Love you both,
Amy

Beverly said...

That is so absolutely adorable.

Logzie said...

What a little sweetie! I probably would have cried "happy tears" if I were you. I do that alot!

She sounds completely adorable!!

KC said...

Great Job Brooklyn! That is so adorable!

Amos said...

Oh my goodness, that is too cute! Way to go Brooklyn!