II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Top of the Tuesday to ya...

Good Morning! Whew...what a day I have ahead of me. I have 4 days worth of work for the dr.'s office waiting on me, 5 loads of laundry folded and laying all over the living room floor waiting on me to put them in their appropriate homes, 2 kids who need baths before school this morning and 1 whole meals worth of dishes laying on my kitchen counters. Also, the dishwasher needs to be emptied and the sheets on our beds haven't been washed in ....well, we're going on about day 16 now (gulp!!)
In addition to that, we may be getting a puppy today! Yesterday when I took Sam into the groomer, she mentioned to me that they are looking for a home A.S.A.P. for a 10-week old registered golden retriever! The owner, an older gentleman, found out he has cancer and has a very short life expectancy. He isn't able to care for her and needs to find her a home immediately---and would I be interested. Well...let's see. I've been looking for the "perfect" puppy for about a year now. One of the requirements I had in my head that I was believing for was that I wouldn't have to PAY for a puppy...but that the right one would come TO ME and it would be FREE. The only thing that doesn't perfectly line up about this deal...is that I really had a small, white dog in my mind...and we all know golden retrievers aren't small (or white)! But, I will admit, Amos's Beau stole my heart the first time I saw him and since I've had the pleasure of spending some time with him (while they go on vacations), I realize what a sweet breed of dog that is. Plus, Matt's all for a big dog and it's a double bonus that he could use her for a hunting dog too! Anyway, I called the Amos family right away for some advice and also to see if they might be interested if we decide not to take her, and they were. So...we'll see. I am just waiting on them to call me to come and see her.
I'm not sure a puppy is what I need right now...as busy as I am...but I don't see things slowing down very much for the next...oh....15 years (not till Grant is 18 at least) so this is probably as good a time as any. Besides...I am totally trusting God with this whole thing. If this is "THE" puppy, then this is God's timing and that's perfect. Anyhow, I gotta get off this computer and get busy with my day...but I'll let you all know what happens with the puppy!

3 comments:

Logzie said...

That sounds like QUITE a day for you today...ah...the glamorous life of a stay at home working Mommy! LOL!!

That's cool about the puppy...but potty training...ugh...lots O work...but so worth it...Golden's are awesome!

Any names picked out yet?

Kate said...

Oh, yeah! A puppy!

Keep us posted:)

KC said...

Oh Girl, I know how much you've been wanting a puppy. This is perfect!

We have a black lab, but our other choice would be a golden retriever. They seem like they are just such sweet dogs. Kind of like our Lab...Loyal, and great with kids.