II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Holey Sheet!!

So....I think I figured out the culprit in the whole 'holey sheet' mystery. (you remember my post a week or so ago where I had a big hole in the sheet on my side of the bed?)
Well...last night as I was settling into my "spot" in the bed to fall asleep, I felt my toenails scrape across the sheet. I realized all of a sudden that I actually sleep on my side/stomach most of the time, which means that it's my toenails that are constantly "scraping" across the sheets instead of my heels. It's kind of a weird thing for me to even have toenails that could "scrape" because I am one of those people who keep their toenails cut down to the quick. I have always cut them TOO short...but I'd rather them that way than long (GROSS!) Anyway, here lately (the last 6 months) I've been wanting to do the french manicure look on my toes...but as the pedicurists have repeatedly told me...I cannot have that look if I keep cutting my toenails SO short. So....I've been trying to let them grow out just a little. Anyway, last night at about 11:16, it all came together....the hole in the sheets, my smooth heels, my long(er) toenails....and Ah Ha! I had the mystery solved!
I've yet to buy any new sheets still (waiting on Linen's & Things who is going out of business to get their markdowns down to about 60-70% off first) but I did go and borrow a fitted sheet from my mom's yesterday as the hole in my sheet is now about the size of a 5-gallon bucket! (my legs kept getting caught in it!)
Anyway, I just knew you were all wondering about this...probably using your PedEgg's like crazy....so I wanted to put your mind at rest. You can chill with the PedEgg--just be sure to clip your toenails before they become claws! :o)
Happy October 31st!!

3 comments:

Kuckie said...

Hey Jenni - I just realized that I never posted about your sheet thing! That same thing happened to me last spring. I woke up in the middle of the night with my foot all caught up in the sheet...I couldn't figure out what was going on! In my case, though, I think that part of the sheet just gets worn more quickly because I move alot during the night, especially my feet. So, anyway...you are not alone, girl!

Tammy said...

I'm glad you solved the "mystery." Ha! That is just too funny. Now go and cut your claws woman!!

KC said...

That has happened to us once...they were white sheets, and I bleached them often to keep them bright..so I just figured the bleach had worn them out...now I know, it was probably our toenails and rough heels (since I still don't have a PedEgg..but it's on my Christmas List! LOL!) :)