II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Scrapbooking--it's not what it used to be

I've figured something out recently about myself regarding scrapbooking. While I LOVE the ornate and detailed pages of my friends and of those I see in various magazines and on websites, I just simply canNOT afford the time or the supplies to do that all the time. So...here's my new plan. From now on, I will scrapbook just "okay" pages as often as I can at home. I don't want to EVER sit down and work and not get at LEAST 4 pages done at at time, even if that means I have to rush through them and not be madly in love with them. On the rare occasion that I get to "GO" scrapbooking with my buddies, I will use those opportunities to slow down and create pages that I LOVE and then I will feel alright about spending a little moolah too, since it doesn't happen very often. It's MUCH more important to me to have them in the book, than for them to be super-dooper awesome and be YEARS behind. So, with that being said....here's what I've been doing in my "spare" (HA HA) time over the past couple of weeks:




There are actually about 8 more pages but I didn't bother posting them all on here. I don't expect you all to "ooh" and "aah" over these pages either...I KNOW they're not fabulous...but what IS fabulous is that they are DONE and now my family can look at them instead of them being tucked away in my photo box with all the pictures I've taken for the whole last year. What a waste! At this rate, I might actually get caught up!!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Those pages are great Jen! Those better not be your quick throw together pages...those are FAB!!

I'm just the opposite. It doesn't bother me too much to have photos laying around in boxes I guess. I'd (personaly) rather have pages that I know I did my best on b/c othewise I'd always look back and wish I had.

Everyone is different and I'm excited for you that you have a plan and that it works for you!

:)

KC said...

I've never been able to get into the whole scrapbooking thing. I'm just not very creative, and if I have extra time, I'd rather be exercising or reading a good book....I know, I'm not part of the 'in crowd', but I never have been, so I'm ok with that. LOL! :)

Your pages look great! I'm impresssed. :)

Jenelle said...

They are great pages. Remember the purpose of what you are doing - recording history to share later and remember treasured moments. The creative outlet and beauty is secondary to all of that.

Kuckie said...

No, at a certain point in your life, it's just NOT what it used to be, is it? My scrapbooking has suffered as well, really badly in fact!!! But I think those pages are great...really! I'm kind of like Teresa. If I can't do it the way I want, I don't want to do it. But I wish I weren't that way...I'd be a lot further along with my scrapbooks!!!!LOL!