II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Our Poor Girl Sadie!


Today as I came home from the gym and taking Grant to school, I drove up to our house to see my sweet little Sadie laying on the side of the road. My heart sunk to my stomach. I pulled over next to her and could see she was bloody but alive. My mom was with me, thankfully, so I handed Sadie to her and we drove around to the backyard to see if Sam was still in the yard. Sure enough, (THANK GOD) he was...but the gate was open. Apparently the wood post that holds the gate up had gotten loose and Sadie had dug around it enough to get it open. It is a pure miracle that Sam didn't get out too. He is the first one to always DART out of the yard the minute the gate is opened.
Anyway, we rushed her to the vet and of all times...the vet was out for lunch for the next hour! AUGH! Anyway, we left her there with the receptionist who said she'd call me the minute they knew anything.
I really didn't think she was even going to make it to the vet. Mom ended up driving while I held her. Her eyes were rolling back and her was breathing was very shallow. I just kept kissing her head and telling her we love her. I mean it seems silly to people who don't understand...but it's very hard to hold your hurt, bleeding pet in your arms and think that you are probably watching them die.
Anyway, I just got the call from them that they don't know what happened to her. I mean, obviously she was hit by a car, but where her injuries are or how severe...they can't tell. We do know that she won't even try to get up. So...right now, they are just giving her pain meds and are going to keep her overnight and watch her. I just pray that it won't be anything major. We can't afford to spend a lot of money but at the same time, it would be horrible to not be able to give her what she needs. The kids will likely take this very hard, as they have grown to really love and play with her a lot, especially Grant. I will pick them up from school in half an hour and I dread telling them.

6 comments:

Kate said...

i just sent you an e-mail. please keep me posted on your sweet little Sadie. I'm praying for her.

Teresa said...

Oh my gosh...I'm so sorry Jen! Keep us posted...poor little Sadie! How could someone hit a doggie and not stop??

KC said...

Oh no! That is heartbreaking. I can only imagine your shock and horror at finding her like that.
Keep us posted...

Amos said...

Oh Jen, I'm sorry. My heart sunk when I saw her picture. On my way home in the middle of August in the dark there was someone running on the opposite side of the road and I could see a dog chasing him far behind. I slowed down, just in time to find out there was TWO dogs. Yep, my worst fear came true. I burst into hysterical tears and turned around trying to find the two of them. I went to the house where I thought they had come from and the sweet old lady went on to tell me that no one had dogs in the 10 or so houses around them. I searched for a good 30 minutes and they were gone. I had also prayed that God would completely restore that dog and it would go home just fine to it's owner. I never found it, not the next day of searching either so I believe it is fine. And I stand in agreement with your for your dog to be fine as well and God to comfort the heart of you and the kids as well. It is heartbreaking I know.

Tammy said...

Oh, poor thing. That is just AWFUL. Please keep us posted. Sadie is such a sweet looking dog and I'm sure you've come to love her so, so much.

smiling's my favorite said...

Oh honey... how is she? How are you?