II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Fall Back

So...I hope you all remembered to set your clocks back? I remembered at 6:30 pm tonight...so I figured I better go ahead and switch the clocks in case I didn't think of it again. It was so nice to get an extra hour! :o) Miraculously it went from "almost 7" to "only 5:30"! If only I could do that on days when I REALLY need an extra hour!
Today was a WONDERFUL day. Nothing spectacular in specific...just no agenda. I did what I felt like doing ALL day. Did nothing I didn't want to. Well, okay, I cleaned house for about 4-5 hours this morning and that wasn't like super-dooper-fun or anything...but still, I took my time and let myself get distracted as much as I wanted in between chores. Usually its rush-rush all the time around here, so a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants day was totally in order! Tonight we grilled Turkey Tenderloin Mignon's with baked potatoes, corn on the cob, salad, beans and banana pudding for dessert. We had my parents and my brother over for dinner. Everything was perfect. Afterwards, we played a fierce game of Phase 10 and my mom won.
I did terrible on my eating tonight because we got out the GINORMOUS bowl of Halloween candy and all started picking at it. Next thing I knew I had a mountain of wrappers piled up next to me. WOOPS! I really didn't think I was eating THAT much...but I guess when you're real distracted (I was playing the game AND helping Grant do his preschool workbook) it's easy to just keep shoveling stuff in. Anyway, that's probably the only negative thing I can think of to say about this day. I didn't do any specific exercise (other than the house cleaning) and I ate too much junk. Oh well. No biggie---just gotta hop back on the horse and get busy again tomorrow! (Can't let Kate beat me to 130! :o) hee hee
Okay, well, it's 11:36 pm (really 10:36) and I probably should be getting my booty to bed. We're going to early service in the morning and that always comes sooner than we want it to. (gotta set the alarm for 6:30 in order to get there on time!)
Hope all of you enjoyed your Saturday. Can you believe it's November already? Only 54 days until Christmas!!! That's just CrAzY! (25 days till Thanksgiving Kate! YIKES!)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Those are the BEST kind of days! I love it when I get a lot of cleaning done and then still have time to sit and RELAX. And candy too? That's darn near perfect :)

Teresa said...

We had a busy day but it was so relaxing also! I so enjoyed that extra sleep!! Let's have "fall back" once a month...oh wait...that would create bigger problems!