II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

The longest week of my life!

Wow, we've certainly been keeping busy this 'Spring Break' week. It feels as though each day goes by in slow motion though. I can't believe it's only Thursday! On Monday we went bowling and then to the McDonald's playland for lunch and playtime.

Tuesday we went 1st-to the gym 2nd-to lunch with some friends from the gym 3rd-roller skating! What a JOKE that was!! Apparently every DayCare in down decided to take their kids to skate at the same time. I had kids coming up to me in all directions asking for snacks and quarters. I guess most of them didn't know who their "teachers" were and just assumed that since I was an adult, they could ask me for stuff!! On top of that, probably 90% of them couldn't skate so I had little hands pulling on my pants and arms the whole time! It was actually kind of funny. What was really ironic is that my own kid (Grant) hated it and wanted to go home after the first 15 minutes. Brooklyn was having a grand time though...so Grant and I turned our skates back in and just watched her skate for the next 2 hours. Wednesday I decided we needed a day at home so we ran to the dollar store and got some stuff to dye Easter eggs and I found all this neat stuff to plant a "starter" garden. The kids had lots of fun playing in the mud (potting soil I added WAY too much water to) and planting their seeds. After that, we made Apple Crisp using my new Pampered Chef apple peeler/corer/slicer thingy. They had fun working the little gadget and the dessert turned out marvelous! Check out the recipe divas link for the recipe!! (thanks Amos!!) Thursday (today) I decided to get them up early and we went to IHOP for breakfast so the kids could get some "Who-Cakes". Since I was on my way to the gym for a strenuous 2 hour work-out, I just ordered a bowl of plain oatmeal and some wheat toast with water. How BORING! It was actually REALLY good though and I only ate half of it. (I didn't want to get sick at the gym). The kids enjoyed their disgustingly sweet breakfast though and then we rushed off to the gym. After that, we ran by the movies to see what time the movie "Horton hears a Who" started. The sign said 12:00. I looked at my watch and it said 12:03 so we parked and went on in for the movie. After that we went next door to Ross so I could browse for a few minutes. I hadn't been in there in a loooooooong time and I just wanted to check it out. Well, boy oh boy...that was an expensive browse! I found SO MANY great deals though! One thing I've always wanted and never had is a suitcase. I found this black & white polka dot one and fell in love with it. I called my mom to ask her about the brand and if she thought it was a good deal and she said she and my grandma would just buy it for us since they were going to get us an anniversary gift anyway!! How cool is that?!? In addition to that, I also found this ADORABLE apron. I was also going to show ya'll my new shoes I found the other day for only $25 on clearance!! Aren't they cute? They are SO light and summery! So, that's it so far. I'm not sure what tomorrow holds for us. Matt has to work so it'll just be me and the kids again. I had hoped to take them to the Zoo one day this week...maybe we'll try that tomorrow if the weather is nice. It's been a fun week (other than the meltdowns Grant has been having when he doesn't get his way) but I am DEFINITELY ready for MY vacation next week!! BTW...for those of you keeping tract...I weighed 143.8 today. I was so excited I jumped off the scale and ran to get my camera to take a picture and show ya'll the proof...and then the dumb thing would not say anything but 144.4. Grrr..I swear...it said 143 when I first got on! ha ha ha

3 comments:

tori said...

wow jen you guys look like you've had such a great time!!! i just love ross too. ou can find so many cool things at such great prices. i found a precious little summer dress for grace there for 4.00. anyhow, i haven't forgot about you, but i have just been a little busy. i will try calling you today. i am going to try to blog something too since the last post was monday i think... anyhow i will chat with you soon,
t

MLM said...

My goodness. You deserve an award for mommy of the year for all that you did with your kids. I'm exhausted just READING about it. Where do you get all your creative craft ideas?

Rachael Rae Diaries said...

Wow you guys sure stay busy! Love the great deals! You look GREAT!