II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A valentine present I forgot to tell ya'll about!

A few weeks ago Matt's company sent home a flyer about a wellness thing they are doing. Basically, if every person (and their spouse) would go to the dr. and get a check up (checking weight, height, blood pressure, triglyceride levels and cholesterol levels) which meant getting blood drawn for lab work, (which the insurance pays for 100%) then they would send each individual person a $150 Mastercard giftcard good wherever MC is accepted! Of course, we jumped on it. Not only would the extra $300 be wonderful...but it was also way overdue to have those things checked. (neither of us has had anything like that done in probably over 8 years!)

We received our gift cards in the mail on Valentines Day! Hooray! In addition, we were both in the healthy/normal ranges on all of our tests. Well, except for our weights. We are both quite overweight according to their charts. Me, I could deal with ...but poor Matt! He's 6' and 200 pounds...which is NOT overweight...but according to the "charts"...he is. WhatEver! He's solid muscle everywhere except right around the middle...and even then...he's cetainly not fat. I HATE those stupid STUPID charts!
Okay, anyway, just wanted to say how excited I am about having an extra $150 in my purse to do whatever I want to with! Hooray!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Those BMI charts are way off when it comes to muscle mass - don't be too hard on yourself.

KC said...

Wow, Congratulations!!! That is GREAT! I wish we could get paid to have our check-ups! haha :)