II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Need a moment to yourself?

I have a quick fix for you. I haven't met a kid yet, little or big, who doesn't like this. Give them a small pile of "office supplies" from your stash. This includes pens, scissors (kid ones of course), tape, stickers (free address lables from St. Judes if you get those), stamps, stapler (if they're old enough), highlighters, paper clips and rubber bands. My kids have always enjoyed making creations and putting them into envelopes and sealing them. No matter how bored they are, this always sounds like fun to them. There is only one catch...the stuff has to really come from YOUR stash. No buying "special" supplies for kids. I tried this when Brooklyn was little. I thought, "oh I will buy her her own little box with all her own little stuff in it." and I did...and she NEVER wanted to use any of it. Only MY stuff was fun to play with for some reason. Of course you can always buy YOURSELF some new office stuff and then let them use it! ha ha
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kate said...

It's always so much cooler when it comes from Mom's stash.

Tammy said...

I can't tell you how many 'letters' we've had to put in the mailbox! And then how many times I've had to sneak out and get them before the mail lady comes!! I don't think TO: TRANSFORMERS would cut it at the post office :)

Rachael Rae Diaries said...

I was thinking you were going to write "Grab a twix!" but I like the envelope thing much more better and it is way healtier! Great Idea! thanks!

Tammy: The post office has special bins for "God" why couldn't they make one for Transformers! LOL