II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Eat Less More Often

That's what I've been trying to do. Eat every 3 hours about 200-250 calories. So far, so good, I THOUGHT. I mean...it is definitely keeping me from feeling like I am STARVING all the time....and I am eating MUCH healthier. Like carrot sticks with light ranch for snack or celery with a Tbsp. peanut butter or an egg sandwich. I've been eating at least 1 protien bar a day (190 cal/20 protien) and drinking 1 protien shake a day (110 cal/17 protien).
This all seemed so great and perfect and wonderful but I am STILL NOT LOSING WEIGHT!
I weighed 147 this morning.
I am more frustrated than ever.
Summer is approaching very QUICKLY and if something doesn't start changing FAST..I am not going to be in shorts/tank top/bathing suit shape by the time the hot weather gets here. Plus...we are thinking we might go to Destin, Florida (or somewhere like that) for a week in July...and it would be awesome to look good and feel good (in a bikini!)
If any of you have any tips for me...feel free. At this point, I am just gonna keep doing what I'm doing, I guess. My daily goal is to eat around 1200 calories, get 75 grams of protien, plenty of fiber and get some exercise. I don't know what I can do any better than that....??

4 comments:

Kate said...

OK. Crunch time, right? Two things. Are you getting enough water (64 oz/day)? That, fiber, and taking probiotics (tablet)everyday has really helped my in the, um, "release" of my food, which I've often struggled with in my weight loss efforts.

Also, when I saw your calorie intake, it seemed low to me if you're exercising as much as you are. I usually eat 1300 on a light/no workout day and 1600 on a more intense day. If you don't eat enough calories, your body's metabolism begins to shut down and just store the calories you've eaten. There's a website called www.sparkpeople.com. It's FREE. There you can track your food calories and how many calories you're burning based on your workouts. It's a really great site - I love it. Keeps track of your protein, sugars, fiber, carbs, everything. And it's free. I'd give it a shot. I know these plateaus are hard to get through.

Are your workouts becoming routine? Or are you putting on a lot of muscle? It weighs more than fat, so maybe instead of getting on the scale, take your meansurements instead and track your progress there. Just think of how great you'll feel that you put in the work now, instead of getting to Florida and not feeling good about your body.

Don't give up Jen - a lot of us are rootin' for ya!

On another note . . . and I hope you don't think I'm weird . . . but I had a dream last night that I met you. We planned a visit on my way to Texas this summer and we sat down and chatted. You had all of your scrapbook stuff laying out. Weird huh? OK, don't think I'm a freak or anything! It was funny, though, to actually "meet" a blogger bud.

Amos said...

www.lifedesignnutrition.com I am not kidding, you have done all you know to do, now you need someone to help you figure out exactly what to do. No sense in continuing to be frustrated, and then changing things every few weeks. Your body can't adjust to so many changes in diet, etc. I think.

KC said...

I'm with Amos on this one. Seek some help from a nutritionist. If you just keep doing what your doing, which isn't changing your weight, your not going to see the results you want. You are going to have to change something, so seeking help may be the best answer.
I do agree with missgotwings too..it sounds like you aren't eating enough for as much as you are working out. This will make your body slow it's metabolism down and hold onto it's fat stores, thinking you are in a famine.
You can do this Jen. You just have to find the right balance that will get you past this plateau.

mlm said...

I have a tip for you...if you vacation anywhere near central Florida, let me know, I'd love to meet you!!! :o)