II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Double Dip-Head

The other day Braums (our local ice cream shop for those of you who've never heard of it) had a sale on douple dip ice cream cones. We went in and Matt and I decided to order a sundae to share. Since the kids will only eat 1 dip of ice cream each and they both wanted the same flavor, I decided to just order them a douple dip and then split it up between them. (side note: a single dip is about $1.25 but the sale on double dips was $1.59 so it was a substantial savings over ordering 2 single dips.) So, I do that...and then as he is scooping on the 2nd dip, I say to him, "actually will you put that 2nd dip in a little bowl instead?" [THIS IS MY BIG MISTAKE APPARENTLY!] So, he does it and we proceed to the check out counter. When I get ready to pay, I tell the guy (another teenager) that we had 1 sundae and 1 double dip. He looks at the cone in my hand and the bowl with a single dip and shakes his head "no". I say "yes, we just put the 2nd dip in a bowl." He then leaves the counter to go ask the other guy if he should be ringing it up as a double dip...to which he says "no." I am like "What? I specifically ordered a double dip." He points at the bowl and says "but you got the 2nd dip in a bowl so that is 2 single dips." At this point I am so frustrated, so I say "Here is this better?" and I take the bowl and turn it upside down on top of the cone so that it now looks like a double dip cone with a bowl on top. The checker guy looks at the scooper guy and they shake their heads "no" again. At that point I was so ticked off I just left the counter and let Matt deal with it. Sure enough...we paid for 2 single dips. Isn't that ridiculous? I know it is SO NOT a big deal...but it just bugged me. What do ya'll think? Was I being too cheap? Trying to cheat them? Or do I have a right to be irritated?

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Poo on that! You definitely have the right to be irritated. That's so RIDICULOUS. And why do checker guy and scooper guy care anyway? They're still getting paid!

Send an email.. maybe you'll get a free ice cream coupon ;)

Kate said...

Sounds like the were just charging you b/c you asked for a cup. Which is stupid on their part!

Logzie said...

I always try those things too. Yah, maybe it's 'technically' not right. They would say that the special is not to be taken advantage of. BUT on the other hand, why did those 2 guys have to be jerks? I means it's not like you were going in there EVERY day and doing that and making them go broke or something. Ha! Personally, I think that their whole world/worth probably was about ice-cream...LOL...and since that is all they are in charge of in life and their self worth depends on ice-cream...being the "ice cream police" IS important to them...LOL!!!!!!!1

Next time, order the double dip cone...go sit down for 30 seconds and then go back up to the counter and say "can I have a little bowl or a cup?". They'll never know and you've already paid! Ha!

Seriously, is them saving $1.59 really worth making you feel like crap and not wanting to go there again? Poor customer service.

P.S.-we went to a Cold Stone Creamery once and we ordered a big size ice cream and wanted to get 4 spoons so we could all share and they would not give us the spoons as they did not want anyone to share but rather buy their own!! We had to go out to our van and dig up some fast food plastic silverware we had in the glove box. Chuck ate from a plastic knife and I ate from a fork! Crazy huh?

Amos said...

Yeah, pretty stupid, but that is Braum's employees for you, they are never good. I agree with Logzie, pay for the ice cream, and then go back to the counter later and ask for the bowl. They won't think about it after you've paid.

Amy said...

That is so crummy! Can't believe they were so silly about your ice cream. I mean come on! It's not the end of the world! It's ice cream for crying out loud!
I really miss Braum's but there really is no excuse for them to get so silly over one little ice cream cone, you know?

Jenelle said...

Braum's is one of my favorite memories of visiting OK. Sorry about the charge, but hope you enjoyed the ice cream anyways.

KC said...

I agree, get the double dip next time...then go back to the counter later and just ask if you can get a little cup or bowl or something. :)

Rachael Rae Diaries said...

Wow you did exactly what i would have done! but I wouldn't have paid for it. Or I would have spoke to manager! That is terrible! Grr.

smiling's my favorite said...

Hmmm... that's not nice. Oh well, there's always 31 Flavors.