II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Monday, February 18, 2008

nothing to say...

For 2 days now I have clicked on "new post" only to sit here and stare at the blank box and blinking cursor. I can't think of a single blog-worthy thing to say to you all. Life has been completely unexciting and more like a peaceful canoe ride than the roller-coaster we're more accustomed to. The kids were out of school Friday & Monday (today) so we had a long 4-day weekend with not a single thing planned. I can't even remember what we did on Friday but Saturday we got up like usual and went to the gym, then ran errands around town and came home and watched the dumbest movie ever (Martian Child). Major waste of precious time. Saturday night Matt got called out to go to work (at 3:30 am) so it was gonna be just me and the kiddos at church. I was proud of myself for getting up when the alarm actually went off at 6:30 am and I got all showered, make-up & hair-done and almost completely dressed before I even woke the kids up and got them bathed. Just as I was getting them dried off, I thought to myself how hot Grant's skin felt. Then as if she had read my mind, Brooklyn says, "Mom, my throat hurts worser than it ever has before." So...back in the closet went our church clothes and out came the sweats. I took Grant's temp and yep...it was 101.3. I gave them both a dose of Ibuprofen and then we threw on our tennis shoes and hopped in the car to go to Mickey-D's for breakfast. I figured since we were all up, cleaned and dressed...might as well make an appearance SOMEwhere! ha ha After that, we came back home and all piled into my bed for some cartoons and a little cat-napping. When Matt got home, we had our very own church service complete with Praise & Worship from Brooklyn (on the karoke machine), offering taken up by Grant and message led by our very own Reverend Matthew Jones. hee hee
The kids had a ball with that. We didn't do much else for the rest of the day. Then today, Monday, since the kids seemed to be feeling a little better...I got a wild hair and decided to take them to Chuck-E-Cheese for lunch. Actually...we went to Pizza Hut first and used Brooklyn's Book-It awards for free personal pan pizzas and ate there..then we went across the street to Chuck-E-Cheese for games. I bought 50 tokens thinking that would last us...and I was wrong. That was way too many! We played for about 2 1/2 hours and still had about 15 left!!! The kids had fun though and I only spent $15 total for the whole day...food included. Not bad.
Tonight we rented the movie "Lucky You" from Redbox. We get free codes on Monday's so I try to pick up a movie if I'm by there since it doesn't cost anything. It was not a horrible movie...but nothing I'd suggest to anyone unless you're REALLY into Vegas and poker and gambling. So, that's it. See why I haven't blogged. Totally boring stuff here...but at least I posted. I did take some pics of the kids at CEC's today...so maybe I put those on here tomorrow if any of them are decent! Goodnight!

4 comments:

Amos said...

Wow, you are brave when the kiddos are sick, the minute anyone looks sick I am determined to stay away from anything but home. It has got me into hermit thinking I tell you, but after all of our medical expenses in the last month we could've bought the dang insurance by now. Who knew? Glad your kiddos are feeling better and that you had a nice service at home. Sometimes those are the best. My service on Sunday morning was watching the back of my eyelids for 6 hours! That never happens with me so you know I was a sick dog!

Rachael Rae Diaries said...

Eww, bloggers blok! I had/have that right now even though I should have tons to write about! Sounds like you had a great church service!

Tammy said...

I think you found plenty to write about! Just bits and pieces of your life. Nothing wrong with that!

I love the church service at home. So sweet. And McD's runs are always nice too. I think we make a few too many in this house :)

Kate said...

Don't forget, today is Wednesday! Hope you're doing well :)