II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Constipated?

If you are constipated or fat or feeling lazy...I have your cure! It's long and skinny and mine is black. Sometimes made of rubber, sometimes of rope. It stings if you hit yourself with it but can be lots of fun if you use it correctly. Any guesses?

Yes, it's a jumprope. I read the other day that 10 minutes of jumping rope is equal to 30 minutes of jogging! That was all the convincing I needed. I went right out got me one. (only $6.95 for a really nice one at Wal-Mart). Anyway, little did I know it would be a natural laxitive too! (ha ha--sorry...I'm sure that is TMI but quite honestly, I know lots of people who struggle with that problem). Anyway, so...after 4 minutes, I was EXHAUSTED...but I pressed on and by 6 minutes, I had pushed past that tired feeling and was really enjoying myself. When my timer went off after 10 minutes, I was pumped up and ready to go again. I couldn't believe how soaked in sweat I was! You guys know I work out on a regular basis...for 2 hours at at time...so this was obviously a great workout!

I just wanted to encourage you all to try it. It's cheap and easy and doesn't require much space. Just start with 5 or 10 minutes and work up one minute at a time until you can do more.

2 comments:

Logzie said...

Sounds like fun!! And talk about 'all natural'! HA!

KC said...

What a coincidence! We just bought a "speed rope" on Tuesday. Stephen is in training for the "Guns vs. Hoses" boxing match (Police vs. Firefighters). He works with a guy who used to be a professional boxer, and he is training Stephen!! He suggested Stephen get a jump rope to do at home along with the boxing workout CD's he gave him (to do on their days off...otherwise they workout together at the gym when they get off of work.)
So we bought this speed rope, and WOW! Talk about a workout! We had been practicing with it, and then Stephen set the timer and made me do it for 3 minutes straight, no stopping. I was soaked in sweat, and thought I was going to DIE! haha It was wonderful! Then Stephen did it for 5 minutes straight, and he had sweat dripping off of his face before he was done. Talk about a great workout with minimal time/space needed. We have since started adding this to our daily cardio/weight-training.