II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Home Alone

Wow! I didn't realize how long it's been since I've been "Home Alone" without my husband. He left this morning for a 3 day camping trip/turkey hunting. I feel so free! Ha Ha I know that sounds bad...and I don't mean it in the way you're probably thinking...but it's just that I keep thinking...wow! I don't even have to cook dinner or wash dishes or do laundry or pick up the house and no one will even see or care! Obviously the kids couldn't give a hoot about whether or not I do any of that stuff---as a matter of fact, they'd probably LOVE it if I just let all that stuff go. I have a ZILLION things I am thinking I want to try to get done while he's gone (like painting our bathroom, "doing" Grant's big-boy room, hours of scrapbooking...and so on) plus also I'd love to spend some fun, laid-back, chillin'-out time with the kids doing whatever they like to do (playdough, paint, barbies, hot-wheels...or whatever). But..I've come to the realization that he'd have to be gone for a MONTH for me to be able to get that much stuff done and relax too! (and I couldn't stand being without him that long). So...we'll see what I actually end up doing. I am thinking about taking a diet/energy pill at about dinner time tonight and then see if it wakes me up so that I can stay up for a few hours after I put the kids in bed so I can scrapbook. Isn't that awful? I have been SO tired latey that if I don't take some kind of pill...I am zonked by about 8 pm and usually already asleep by 9 or 10. I used to stay up till midnight all the time...but lately, it's like my body just shuts down wayyyyyy before my mind does. I am beginning to wonder if I might be anemic or something. I've had bouts of anemia in the past and it seems like the main side effect was always being tired. I will say though, the past 3 days, I've started taking a multivitamin and maybe it's just psychological...but I think it might be helping some.
You know...it has been a long time since I've gotten to ramble to you all on here. The last several posts I've done have just been pictures with quick little explanations. It's kind of nice to just sit and type whatever comes into my mind.
So...I want to give a "shout out" to my friend Amy E. who is 9 WEEKS PREGNANT! Hooray! Amy, I am so excited for you. This has been a loooooooooong time coming! I was going to try to keep this a secret...but I am NO good at secrets of this sort...so guess what? I talked to Matt and I am going to plan on flying out to see you after the baby is born!! That is a BIG deal for me because for one...I've never flown in my entire life and for two...I've never gone anywhere by myself without my family! Let me know what you think and when would be a good time to come!
So...it's almost Easter. I am really looking forward to this Sunday. A bunch of families from our church that all have young children are meeting at a big park and doing an egg hunt for the kids. We're all bringing food, like a pot luck, and blankets and lawn chairs. It will be a lot of fun and the kids will LOVE it.
Well, I guess I better end this for now. We are fixing to leave in a just a couple of minutes to go to my neice, Jessica's, soccer game at the high school. Brrr...! Our 86 degree weather has come and gone! We are down in the 50's now and 30's at night! ick!
Talk to you more later!!

3 comments:

Logzie said...

Oh! I have SO missed your rambleings about whatever came to mind!!!!! It's been too long!

I know what you mean about having so many things you want to fit into such a short time. I do the same thing! I hope you accomplish much and have fun doing it!

Amos said...

I always have a long list when my hubby leaves and I end up getting not as much done. But I hope that Superwoman visits you and you get all you want accomplished!

What is up with Sunday? Every time I watch the weather the high temp gets 2 degrees colder? Last year we were sweating. We have come up with plan B just in case we are going to freeze. It will be fun though.

Amy said...

Woohoo! When I read this post, I started jumping up and down and grinning from ear to ear! I cannot even begin to tell you how much I have missed you! And it would be so awesome if you could come visit!
I might get to see you sooner than that though. J might get to come to Muskogee for a very quick visit to do some work at their Kingsdown plant and if I can get a friday off work I might get to meet him there. I would probably only be there Thursday night Apr 19th (or early Friday morning the 20th) to Sunday some time but I was already planning in a little much needed (for me anyway) "girl-time" with you. We're still not sure if I'll even get to go and we've got to check on plane tickets and everything this weekend but I will let you know what we figure out and see if you're busy. Man, I wish J's job could let us know these things more ahead of time so we can plan around them, you know? :) But I'll let you know what we figure out.
Yay! I am so excited! :) Talk to you soon!