II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

This little piggy....

It's time for a pedicure, dontcha think? How many of you girls out there treat yourselves to regular pedicures? Probably not nearly enough of you. I've been thinking about getting one lately and I think I might just go do that this weekend. I've only had 1 in my entire life. It was when I was pregnant with Grant and I decided to "treat" myself and get my nails done (fake ones) and a pedicure. It was the biggest waste of $50 I've ever spent. Well, the nails were okay...but the pedicure was nothing more than a lady who washed my feet off, lotioned up my legs and painted my toenails. Stuff I do myself all the time. I was thinking for $30...I was going to get some kind of special treatment. Anyway, since then...I've always opted to take the cheap route and just do my tootsies myself...BUT...then a few weeks back my friend Teya got her toes done and they looked SOOOOOOO good. Her toenails looked like they were made of glass or something...SO Super Shiny! I tried to duplicate the look at home but it didn't work...so I am thinking...you know, it's rare that I EVER spend money on myself purely. Yes, I buy things for the house and the kids and even clothes for myself occasionally...but getting my toenails done is solely for me and me alone...and you know what? I think I'm worth it! Plus, I'm pretty "anal" (I hate that word...but it seems to fit here) about how my toenails look. I NEVER leave the house without them painted or if they are chipped...I fix it before I leave. Even if I have to grab the polish and fix them in the car at a red light..I'll do it. I just can't stand "nappy" looking toes. So...that's what I'm thinking about today...among a million other things. So I'm just curious...how many of you girlies do this for yourselves? And if so..how often do you go?

3 comments:

Simmons girlz said...

I too am in much need of a pedi, I have a Gift certificate that needs to be used. If you go let me know! We could leave the boys home alone with the children!
Loved the room, I am ready to see it all put together!

Logzie said...

I have only had one pedicure in my life and it was last year...AND I LOVED IT!! I immediately came home and tried to 're-work' our budget to fit one in for each month...HA...but it didn't work.

I am planning to get another one sometime here soon.

KC said...

I have NEVER had one! Can you believe that? I just always do it myself..and every time I think of going, I see a report on the news about another nail place that didn't pass inspection and people got huge sores on the feet and legs, etc.

I am thinking for my 30th birthday this year, I will treat myself to my very first one. Of course I will be checking them out very carefully before I decide where to go.