II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

...and He will give you the desires of your heart!

As all my devoted readers know...I have been looking for some time now for a bed for Grant's big boy room. I have been to nearly all the furniture stores in our big town and nothing has suited me. I am picky and I like to be unique. I wasn't going to settle for a regular old run-of-the-mill bed. So I waited and waited...and it paid off!!! This weekend was the big consignment sale in our town. I decided to go ahead and take all of Grant's baby stuff to sell (his crib, changing table, rocking chair and all his moons-&-stars bedding and decor). I dropped my stuff off on Wednesday evening and while I was there, I looked for a bed for his room. To my dismay, there wasn't anything even remotely close. The next day I decided to load the kids up and go shop the sale and see if I could find any good deals on some summer play clothes for them. I thought I could also spy on my things and see if anything had sold. Right away I saw that ALL of the furniture I had brought was already gone! Hooray! The only big thing left was his bedding. Then as I got to looking around--I saw it! THE bed! MY bed. The one God had someone decide to sell just because He knew I would go there and find it! I'm telling you guys...anyone else would have looked at the thing and said, "I can't believe someone is trying to sell that old thing" but I looked at it and saw the perfect bed I've been looking for---and even better---for only $40.00!!!!! It was covered in cobwebs and a thick layer of dust. It had lots of nicks and scratches and CHARACTER. I bought it and had them stick a "sold" tag on it until I could get Matt to pick it up for me in his truck. So he and my dad went today and got it and thank goodness they have faith in me, because they both acted like they couldn't believe this was the thing I was so excited about! ha ha You just have to have vision! Anyway...I got it home and cleaned it all up and took a picture so I could show you guys the BEFORE. Then I got to work sanding and painting. I am painting it red ("red hot" to be exact) and then I will probably sand it down some to give it a little bit of a rustic/antiqued look. It is taking at least 3 coats to get it completely covered. I actually hesitated for a second to even paint it because once I got it all cleaned up, it was quite beautiful just as it was....BUT...I've had my heart set on a red bed now ever since I decided to do a cowboy theme...so I went ahead with my original plan. Anyway, I thought I would take a picture to show you what it looks like in PHASE TWO. Tomorrow I plan to put the 3rd (and hopefully last) coat on it.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Okay, before any of you say anything, I admit...looking at these pictures...I am feeling kind of sad that I painted it. It was gorgeous with that dark walnut stain on it...but TOO LATE! What's done is done. Just cross your fingers with me that it will turn out good! :o)

KC said...

I loved the dark finish, but you really did a Great Job Girl! That bed will look great in a "Cowboy" Bedroom.

Logzie said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! It will be so awesome in his room. The red will just POP and it will be a focal point! I can't wait to see it all put together! This is so much fun to watch!! HeHE!