II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

It's 9:20, what story are you on?

Geez Louise! One of my free days is already over! I can't believe it's already Thursday night, time to go to bed and I haven't accomplished one thing on my things-to-do-while-hubby-is-gone list! We left the house at 4:30 for Jessica's soccer game, froze our butts off watching her play until 6:45, ran by the bank and then went out for dinner. We got home about half an hour ago and the kids were exhausted so we just finished reading bedtime stories (which always puts ME to sleep along with them) and so now I am way too tired to begin any kind of project like scrapbooking. As a matter of fact, I am probably about 75% asleep right now! When referring to sleepyness, I have this thing where I imagine myself as a big, tall 20-story building and each story represents a percentage of me (my mind and body). At the very moment I start feeling a tiny bit tired, the lights go out on the first story. With each passing minute, the tireder I get, the more stories of the building's lights go out. When I am about half awake, the lights are out all the way down to the 10th floor. Right now, the lights are out all the way down to the 5th floor! Ha Ha! I know I am a nut...but my husband understands this crazy analogy and now I've gotten to where when we're talking about doing something before bedtime, all I have to do is tell him what story I'm on and he knows what I mean. Isn't that silly? In my mind though, it makes perfect sense.
So, like I mentioned in my earlier post...our nice weather is over. Tonight on our way home from eating it was actually sleeting/snowing out! Get this...the ground is steaming!! I guess because of how warm it has been and then how COLD it got so suddenly. I don't know but it's crazy, like nothing I've ever seen. It looks like your at a big concert and someone turned on the little things that blow steam out all over the floor. (you know what I'm talking about?)
Well, I guess I will end for today. Maybe I'll just go upstairs and look over my scrapbook stuff for a few minutes so I can dream up layouts while I sleep all alone in my king-size bed tonight! (nothing beats having hubby in bed with me...but being able to stretch out as far as my arms and legs can reach is definitely 2nd best!)
Goodnight!

0 comments: