II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

What's in your bra?

Grant woke up with an unusually sweet tooth this morning. Brooklyn is normally our big candy-eater. He obviously likes candy---he is a kid---but he's not crazy about it like she is. Anyway, today since I was VERY busy and preoccupied with my projects (more about that in the next post)...he kept helping himself to our big bowl of Easter candy in the pantry. After about the 4th thing...I told him "No More Candy, Mister!" and I confiscated the starburst he was about to open. Looking for a place to put it where he couldn't find it, I first tried sticking it in the waistband of my pocket-less shorts. He said, "Mommy, where'd you put my candy?" and then as if on cue, the darn little thing fell out of my shorts and onto the floor in front of him. I quickly grabbed it back up and stuck it in the only place I could think of that would be secure---my bra. Eventually I was able to convince him it had disappeared into thin air and we all forgot about the whole thing. That was until I got ready to take a shower tonight before bed. Here I am, in my nice, quiet master bathroom all alone, staring off into space, getting undressed and waiting outside my shower for the water to get hot when I glance over at myself in the mirror and see a red starburst stuck on my boob! For some reason, it struck me as hilarious and I ran through the house, past the kids to where Matt was sitting on the couch watching TV to show him. Boy was he surprised to see me running at him in my birthday suit! Ha Ha! What's even funnier is it had been there for like 8 hours...so an hour later--after my shower, there is still a little square indention where the thing had been. How funny. (Can you believe it actually crossed my mind to take a picture to show you all??? ---I was trying to figure out a way I could take a picture that wouldn't be indecent---but then...I decided you guys will just have to take my word for it! ha ha!)

Another little funny story for ya ...
Once I was done for the day with all my "projects", I decided to do a quick hour of cleaning throughout the house, seeing as how it looked like a tornado had swept through. The kids did wonderfully today playing together and amusing themselves while I worked the hours away...but they left a trail of toys, clothes, books and crumbs in every room of the house. So we worked together to get it all picked up and then while I loaded dishes into the dishwasher and clothes into the clothes-washer...I asked Brooklyn to get the carpet fresh powder and sprinkle some throughout the house for me before I vacuumed. She's done this for me several times before and she thorougly enjoys it. (????must be a kid thing...they actually fight over who gets to do it!!!!) Anyway, she gladly went to the cleaning closet to the the stuff and was JUST about to start sprinkling when I looked up and saw that she was using COMET!!! Whew!! I caught her just in the nick of time but I had to wonder what would have happened had I not stopped her? I wonder if that would mess up the carpet? Maybe it would just make my house smell really bleachy and clean? I don't know but when no one is looking, I might just try it and see what happens!! ha ha... I do like the smell of bleach!

2 comments:

KC said...

Hahahaa The story about the starburst in the bra had me cracking up laughing!

Logzie said...

Oh my gosh, my eyes about popped out of my head when you mentioned taking a picture of your square indention! HA HA HA!!!!!

You are too funny!!!!!