II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Through the years.......


I saw the cutest thing in one of my parenting magazines this month and I think I am going to do it too. This lady started dressing her daughter in one of her swimsuits when she was born. Each year, on her birthday, she took a picture of her daughter wearing the suit. Now, her daughter is 15 and the suit fits. It is SO cool to see her in the same outfit each year and how she has changed. The change between the year of 12 and 13 was the biggest and I am not looking forward to the day when Brooklyn can fill out the top of my swimsuit...but nevertheless...I know it will one day happen! Anyhow, I am sharing with you the first picture in our "set". This is Brooklyn wearing my swimsuit, age 5.

2 comments:

Logzie said...

Cool swimsuit! Where did you get it? I am a size DD on top and with nursing it's only worse so I am having a hard time finding a suit that fits on top and is not granny looking...UGH!

Anyway, I have done this with all my kids too. But I used a certain stuffed animal and I took a picture of them each month on their monthly birthday with the same stuffed animal for their first year. It's so fun to look back and see where the biggest change was. It makes a great scrapbook page too! The one that I posted a while ago of my 2 month old is one of them. I use the same chair/background and stuffed animal each time.

KC said...

I read that same article! It was so cool to see those pictures, and how she changed each year. I thought about trying it, but didn't know how well it would work with the boys...unless I put them in Dads swim trunks each time! haha :)
This is a cute picture! I think this is a great idea!!!!