II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Get your mind out of the gutter...

Hmmm...that title gotcha thinking? ha ha...Well, this post is actually about bowling. Last night, my neice and her boyfriend came to visit and today we all went bowling. It was a lot of fun and I didn't do half bad. We bowled 2 games and the first one I got a 77 and the second one I bowled 110. Matt's scores were 125 and then 144. It's been a loooonng time since we've bowled and I fogot how much fun it could be! (and expensive though!) One thing I've learned coming from a family of bowlers though...is that you have to focus on the goal...meaning...you can't be thinking about getting a gutter ball or looking at the gutter unless you want to throw the ball right into the gutter. My mom has always taught me to not even look at the pins...but to focus on the little arrows on the lane right in front of me. It always works. I'm not saying I'm a pro by ANY means...but I bet with practice, I wouldn't be too bad. Anyhow, not a whole lot else is new around here. I've been eating like a pig this weekend (we went to Shogun last night for dinner---YUM!) and then today my parents grilled burgers. I also made a semi-from-scratch Red Velvet cake today and ate wayyyy too much of it. At least my recipe was "light" and had half the calories and fat of the traditional recipe.
One thing that is REALLY exiciting is that we are actually getting our upstairs room finished now! HOORAY!! They are starting on it this next week! The contractor told us it is very possible for it to be compeltely finished in a month! Woohoo! I will be taking pictures every step of the way to share with you all. Thursday night, Matt and I went to Lowe's and bought the sink, toilet, light fixtures and all the other stuff for the bathroom. It's amazing how much stuff you have to buy---everything is sold seperatly! Even the toilet didn't come with a toilet seat!
Anyway, right now...Matt and Brooklyn are watching The Shaggy Dog and I guess I should get back in there and finish watching it with them (I've already seen it though at the theater.) Hope you all have a great weekend!

0 comments: