II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Silence of the Lambs

All throughout the Bible, Christians are referred to as "sheep." (All we like sheep have gone astray---My sheep know my voice, etc.) God is our shepherd and has given us the greatest sacrifice possible, his son. All He has asked of us is to "go into all the world and preach the gosple" yet many of us remain silent. Why do we have such a hard time opening our hearts up to people about this most important subject? I don't have the answer to that question, however, I believe it has a lot to do with wanting to be accepted by the world and not wanting to do anything that might cause us to be seperated from others. Although---God has called us to "not be conformed to this world, but to be transformed by the renewing of our minds." Sometimes I wonder if I am not in many ways just like Lot's wife who turned to a pillar of salt because she couldn't bear to watch her precious city and all its possesions burn. Her heart was not 100% with God and occasionally I wonder if mine is either...? I cringe to think I hold the things of this world in higher esteem than my heavenly inheritance.
Satan has tried to decieve us in every way possible and to put a fear in us of sharing God's word with others and giving God the praises that He's due, but I won't be silent anymore. No rock's gonna cry out in my place---as long as I'm alive I'll glorfiy His holy name. Join with me and decide to put an end to the Silence of the Lambs!

2 comments:

Logzie said...

Amen Sista! Thanks for that post-I think we all struggle with that but it's still no excuse and with the recent terror events that have happened and almost happened and the "wars and rumors of wars"...how long are we gonna wait to tell others? We may not have as long as we think!!

KC said...

Preach it!! I am praying that our church will experience revival once again!
The lady in charge of our "prayer team" gave me a book this morning at church called "Prayer In Another Dimension" by Sue Curran (author of "the praying church"). I can't wait to start reading it!!!