II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

just a speed bump...

For all of you who aren't "dieting" with me...this will probably be a boring post, so you might want to skip it. For those of you who are, I have a confession to make. I ate 4 cookies tonight. Not little Famous Amos cookies either....4 homemade warm oatmeal/raisin/chocolate chip cookies! AUGH!! But before you say "tsk, tsk, tsk" at me...you have to hear the whole story. It started out so innocently with a quick trip to the library. I actually went in to see if I could rent some Tae Bo videos so I could work out at home. But...as I walked in, they had a magazine rack with magazines marked .10 cents each. Well, I've been wanting September's issue of Better Homes & Gardens but couldn't bring myself to pay the $3.99 price tag but THERE it WAS--for only .10 cents. Woo-hoo, I was so excited. I got 2 more decorating magazines and spent a total of .30 cents. Then I got home, I mowed our whole acre(on the riding mower) while the kids played outside. After that, I was hot and sweaty so we jumped in the pool. Then it was time for Grant's nap so I put him in bed and then went back outside to lay out for a little while. I grabbed my new magazine and got comfy. I looked through the whole magazine and the only thing that caught my eye in the whole thing was this cookie recipe. Well, we ended up grilling chicken for dinner (with Barbeque sauce) and having my parents over so I thought I'd make these cookies for dessert. Well, the first batch still looked runny when the timer went off so I let them cook another 5 minutes. Then I took them out and tasted one to see what I thought. Too dry. So the next batch, I took out when the timer went off and once they cooled, they were perfect, but of course, I had to taste one to know that! ha ha The 3rd batch came out perfectly too...except for it was the last of the batter and looked ugly and didn't have any chocolate chips left so I ate those 2 too! 4 in all. All I can hope is that they aren't too fattening. I only used 1/3 c. brown sugar and 1/2 c. regular sugar. It was mostly oatmeal. Anyway, besides that, I did really good today. I ate mini blue-berry muffins for breakfast (160 cal), then dropped the kids off at school and went to the gym and did 2 aerobics classes (1 1/2 hr.). At about 2:30 pm, I realized I hadn't eaten anything since my muffins at 8 am, so I ate a hotdog---all by itself. Not the healthiest, I know...but we are getting low on groceries. For supper, I made mashed potatoes, okra and corn on the cob to go with our grilled chicken.
Anyhow, that's how it went for me today. How about all of you? Are you keeping with it? Write me a comment and let me know! We are gonna look SO GOOD by the end of October!!! Oooh Baby!!!

1 comments:

KC said...

I started out ok today. I had 2 pc Wheat toast for breakfast(Sara Lee Delightful Honey Wheat Bread: 40 cal each) with a spray of "can't believe it's not butter" 0 cal. Plus 1 cup of coffee w/ maybe 1/4 cup milk (total of about 100 cal). Then for lunch I had 2 slices of the boys totino's pizza (about 300? can't remember) Then for dinner I had 1/2 a hogie sandwich from Walmart. It was turkey on Wheat. I added fat free mayo and some sun chips. I have no idea on the calories. Then I cheated and had 2 vanilla (creme-filled) cookies and 1 choc. chip cookie. The boys were eating them and I was bored, I admitt it. If I had found a project to do, I would have never ate them.

Plus I drank 4-20oz bottles of water and 1 diet dr pepper and 1 diet cherry 7-up.

I am going to go change now and do my elliptical and work out on the bowflex. (maybe I can burn off my cookies!) :)