II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Happy Birthday to my Hero!

Yesterday my mom celebrated her 56th birthday! I got a babysitter and we spent the afternoon doing girl stuff and it was wonderful! We started out with soup and salad from the Olive Garden and then ran to the mall (free undies from V.S. AGAIN!) and then over to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get her a present. It was a fun afternoon. Since it was Wednesday, we went to church and then after service, went to our church's Ice Cream/Soda Shoppe and got ice cream. She didn't get a single thing from my dad for her b-day (which makes me sad) but I guess she has come to terms with the way he is (or the way MEN are...). She certainly doesn't let it get her down (his negligence) like I do when Matt overlooks special occasions (which I must say in his defense, is much less often than in our early years). Anyway, I just wanted to wish her a Happy Birthday on here in case she ever reads this. She really is my hero and if anyone ever says I am just like her...I would consider it the greatest compliment I could ever be given! She is an AMAZING WOMAN!
Ps...I got the COOLEST stuff at V.S. yesterday and I just wanted to stick a note in here to tell any of you girls to try it out if you go in there anytime soon. It is called Hottest Body by Victoria Active Body Lift Treatment. The bottle says it "firms, tones and reduces the appearance of cellulite with a unique cooling and crackling effect: 24-hour hydration." All that is fine and dandy and a nice added benefit...but what I LOVE about it and why I bought it is because of the "crackling" part. It is so WEIRD and EXCITING! I can't really explain it...but trust me....you'll like it if you try it. (plus it smells wonderful!!)

0 comments: