II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Monday, August 28, 2006

What's your problem?

Interesting title? Well you can thank my 2 year old son because this is his new "phrase of the day." I am not sure exactly where he heard it or why he picked it up, but all day he has been asking "what's your problem?" It's kinda funny but after I read a couple of my friends blog entries today who had terrible days because of someone else's rudeness (www.craftylildevil.blogspot.com and www.logziella.blogspot.com) I think he has a valid question. What is everybody's problem these days? Do people not have enough things to keep them busy in their own lives that they have to meddle in other peoples? It does seem like almost everyone walks around with a chip on their shoulder, just looking for someone else doing something imperfect so they can pounce on them and their self-esteem. (read this in the voice of Dory from Finding Nemo) Hellooooooooooo! Youuuuuu neeeeeeeed tooooo get a llllllllife!!! What's sad is even some Christians are this way...just waiting to see which of their fellow believers is going to make a mistake and give them something juicy to gossip about. Ugh! Yuk! Doesn't God tell us to pluck the plank out of our own eye before we try to go and pluck the sliver out of our neighbor's? And I believe He also said, "Let he who is without blame, cast the first stone." Uh..you won't see me picking any stones up. I am certainly not perfect, but I do at least believe that, for the most part, we are all striving for the same goal...to live happy, peaceful lives and raise our children up in the best possible way. So why so much dissension? United we stand, divided we fall!

1 comments:

Logzie said...

Amen sista!! I am with ya on that. I kinda think of it as a flashing neon sign on some people saying "I NEED JESUS!" and they don't even know they are projecting it. As for the fellow believers...hmm...maybe they don't realize the effects that STRIFE has on their faith walk!! It's just not worth it! Thanks for the post-it's a reminder to us to keep on puttin down that flesh!