II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Miscellaneous (boy that's a hard word to spell)

Here's an update for those of you who are following my dieting/exercising: I've been doing good and staying within my 1200 cal. guidelines. For exercise today, I did an 8 minute Tae-Bo video 2 times and cleaned my whole house. All I had for lunch today was half an apple with a little peanut butter so that was good. I've also been drinking LOTS of water. I haven't weighed myself yet, not until Monday morning, but I think I have probably dropped at least 1 pound. How about any of you...? Are you guys still keeping with it? Just think of it this way, October 20th (goal date) will be here before you know it whether you do this with me or not so you might as well do it and be 15 pounds thinner.
Okay, onto a different subject: I never have updated you all on what's going on with Brooklyn's sleeping/fear problems. Well, like I had mentioned, Matt and I saw some counselors at our church a few weeks ago and they gave us some suggestions. One of the things I asked them was what they thought about us putting a lock on her door to keep her in her room. They suggested that we just lock our door instead so as to enforce that we need privacy rather than "control" her. So that is what we've started doing and it is working beautifully!! The first few nights were a little rough for her. She'd come to our door in the middle of the night and beg to come in and be crying and all worked up. I would get up and take her back to her bed and tuck her back in. We went through this several times each night, but now (after about 2 weeks) she still comes to our door throughout the night, but I just tell her to go back to bed and she says okay and does it! I can't believe something as simple as this worked, but so far, so good. As a matter of fact, she seems to be a lot less scared in general now. Praise the Lord! She actually drove the gator (Grant's John Deer tractor thing) down to my mom and dad's house the other day to get me some potatoes all by herself...which is a BIG accomplishment. I haven't really taken the time to think about it before now...but she has really made some major improvements. God is so good and so faithful!
One last thing before I end this post...A few weeks ago I told you all that I thought I might be pregnant. I had taken a pregnancy test and it was negative but I had all the signs including a missed period. Well, about a week ago, I ended up buying another test to double check and it said negative too. Now it is time for my monthly-visitor again and it looks like "she" just stopped in for a quick visit. I had "it" for about half the day yesterday(morning)...and now (for the last 24 hours) nothing, so I am not sure what that means. Hopefully it means that my IUD has "kicked in" and has eliminated the need for my body to do "that" anymore...!? It just sorta freaks me out since the ONLY time in my entire life that I have missed a period is when I WAS pregnant. "It" has always come like clock-work in the past and I could pretty much pin-point to the day when I'd get "it"----every 28 days, exactly. So--this is weird, but I don't want to spend any more money on pregnancy tests. I guess if I feel something kicking around in there in a few months...I'll know! ha ha...JUST KIDDING! If I REALLY, REALLY thought I could be, I'd go see the doctor or something. It's just a teeny-tiny thought in the back of my mind right now. What do you guys think from what I've told you?
Okay, well, I think Matt is in the other room waiting on me so I better go for now. My grandma (from California) is coming to visit tonight and she'll be here for the next 2 weeks so that will be FUN. I love having her around. We are going to try to convince her to move here too.
Well, have a good night everyone!

1 comments:

KC said...

so what exactly is an IUD? Is it supposed to stop your periods or make you have fewer of them? if so, sign me up! haha
Stephen is fixed, so we don't need "birthcontrol" but I would do anything not to have the monthly "visitor" or the bloating/mood swings that go along with it.