II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Monday, July 31, 2006

What goes up...sometimes stays up

How many of you have looked at the ceiling of your car recently? Well, the other day I jumped in the back of my mini-van to help Grant eat a taco before we ran into Wal-mart and I realized it has been a while since I've been back there. WOW! I could NOT believe the speckled-ness of my ceiling!!! I guess it's from all those straw-sippy cups opening up and shooting little sprinkles of juice up there...but I had no idea it looked that bad! In addition to that, it looked as though someone had washed all the windows with apple juice or something equally foggy and sticky. Gross! I was so ashamed that I've let my vehicle get that nasty! So...today I spent about 4 hours scrubbing and washing every surface in the thing. I even took out my seats and vacuumed all the goldfish and skittles out of the slots that the seats go in. We could have probably fed a couple of hungry kids in Africa with all the snacks I sucked up out of there today! ha ha! I also shampooed the carpet and then hand-washed the outside. Now it's so clean, I don't want anyone in it though! hee hee I was actually thinking maybe we should think about trading it in now that its as clean as it will ever be...but I know I couldn't get any other vehicle that would accomodate our family so well. By the way, for those of you who don't know, I drive a 2003 Dodge Caravan SXT. It has a built in DVD/TV and a built-in child car seat. It is WONDERFUL! I admit, I am embarrased every so often when I run into one of my friends from high school or who I haven't seen a long time and they say, "No Way!! You're a mini-van-mon!!!??!!" But I guess it's true...I do drive one. Although, I will say in my defense, I drive it more like a sports car than a van and I usually have my hip-hop/Superchick music cranked wayyyy up. Plus, how much more cool does it get than to watch a brand-new DVD while you're taking a road trip and eat pizza AND have room to kick your feet up and walk around?
Anyhow, by the time I get to get a really "cool" car...I probably won't be cool anymore. Oh well!

2 comments:

Logzie said...

I have a Dodge Caravan also (01') and I love it too! The funny thing is I was one of those people who said I would NEVER own a mini-van. All of our friends had them and we had an Expedition. It wasn't till we moved to MI that we got our van and I did not want to tell them that we got it...your words never taste good-ya know? But do have to say that the Dodge is the only mini van I am willing to own...it's the coolest most sportish one out there in my opinoin. And there's no better way to travel when you have kids. Mine is silver...what color is yours?

KC said...

I have one too! haha Ours is a 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan with the bucket seats, and is kind of sparkly/creamy color.
I swore I would NEVER drive a van! But after we had seth (over 2 years ago), and Levi was only 18 months old at the time...we decided it was the only way to get both of them in their car seats...without breaking our backs! We actually rented one first, and took on a trip and then we realized how much easier and nicer it was, especially for nursing/changing diapers on the run.
someday I will get a "cool" car again, but as you said "by then I won't be cool anymore!" haha Of course I guess once your a Mom, the coolness factor kind of takes a flying leap out the window anyway. Then it is just all about survival! haha :)
Love ya girl,
Kandy