II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The more, the messier...

Forget "The more, the merrier". At my house...it's the more, the messier. For some reason, I cannot accomplish anything when my family is home. Well, actually, it's just when Matt is home. It's not at all his fault--or anyones for that matter. But when he is home, I just seem to wander around, following him here and there not actually doing much. Everyday for the past week I have gotten up early and either shoveled gravel, mowed the lawn or cleaned the house. Today, all I have done is cooked breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen and now I am just feeling "lost". Don't get me wrong, there are PLENTY of things I'd love to be doing, but none of them include my family (doesn't that sound terrible!?) I don't mean for that to sound bad..but the things I would love to do is stuff like scrapbooking or shopping--things my family (namely my husband) is NOT into. Anyway, at the moment, the kids are standing around me asking what we are going to do so I guess I better get off here and figure something out. Maybe we'll go see Over the Hedge..?? Well, hope you have a fun 4th.

1 comments:

Amos said...

Hey, you are not alone. I feel like all I have been doing since we moved was running circles around myself and making even a bigger mess. And what is it exactly that causes us to not get a thing accomplished when our husbands are around. We must be just lost in their eyes. Ok, yeah whatever. A thought anyway. Love you girl!!