II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Just time for a Quickie...

Well, we did end up taking Brookyn to see Over the Hedge on the 4th. It was really cute and she laughed her head off. I love it how kids get into movies! I wish I'd let go and laugh that hard sometimes! Anyhow, after that we grilled some burgers just for our little family and then set off our $12 worth of fireworks in our front yard. It was small but still special. The kids enjoyed it. Brooklyn was bummed that our neighbor had more fireworks and lots of kids at his house and she was wishing she had a friend too. Speaking of her making friends, I enrolled her in gymnastics again today. She had her first class this morning and she really liked it. There are six other 5-year-old girls in the class so I am hoping that at least one of them will buddy up with her. She is just desperate for a friend. It breaks my heart to see the way she watches other little girls playing and I can see the longing in her eyes for a friend like that. She will be going to gymnastics twice a week now, so I am hoping that not only will she make a friend but that she'll also start really sharpening up her gymnastic skills. They also teach tumbling at this place, so we might start that in the fall too.
In other news, my sister and her family are coming for a visit tomorrow which is very exciting. We haven't really gotten to see them since Brooklyn was born, excep for a quick time or two. I can't wait to hang out with them again! And.......since they will be here for the whole weekend, I may not get to post again for a few days. If I don't get back here by Monday...be sure to think of me cuz it's my BIRTHDAY! Woohoo! I am trying to psyche myself up for it...but getting older isn't nearly as cool now as it was when I was like 14. ha ha

0 comments: