II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

The love of money is the root of all evil, so I spend it as fast as I can!

I actually have that printed on my checks! haha...But really, I DO know how to spend some money! Today, Matt gave me a WONDERFUL gift! He kept the kids all day so my mom and I could go shopping! At first, I was bummed out because I actually (for once) wasn't in a shopping mood. We started out at Kohl's and even though they had some good sales, I didn't find a thing. Next we went to Old Navy and still, nothing really stood out to me and I told mom I felt like I was in a fog or something. Eventually, I ended up trying on a couple of things off of the clearance rack and found a shirt I liked which perked my mood up some. Next, it was off to the mall. After much looking, I found a pair of jeans at the GAP that fit me perfectly. They are the new Boyfriend fit and the best thing was...I fit into a 6!!! Woohoo! My Lucky's are 6's but I figured that was just "lucky". I was so psyched that I could actually fit into size 6 in other brands too! I also got a cute light pink t-shirt there for $3.99 and Matt some cute socks for $1.99. I won't waste your time telling you ALL the places we went, but in all, it was a really successful shopping trip and I even got an ADORABLE nighty from Victoria Secret and a cute pair of undies for only $20. I got Brooklyn some cute school clothes too and I had coupons for every single item I bought today!
At the moment, Grant is ready to be put into bed and I think I might go settle into my big tub for a nice, hot, bubbly bath. Shopping is hard work, ya know! Hope you're having a good weekend!

3 comments:

KC said...

Now that sounds like my kind of weekend! I wish my Mother lived closer so we could go shopping like that together. Don't take it for granted! We get to very rarely anymore...but when we do it is so much fun, just to hang out with Mom and shop like we did when I was a teenager...that was our bonding time. :)
I also went to Victoria Secret Friday night, because I had a coupon for a FREE panty ($7.50 value) and $10 off ANY bra. Plus they had a huge clearance going on, so I was able to get even more of those cute little low rise thongs for only $2.99!!! :) Yippy!
I NEVER pay FULL price! That is my goal in life, to always find a good deal!

(I thought of you while I was there buying undies...thinking you really needed to be there and stock up on some "lucky" panties so you can get rid of thos "un-lucky" ones! haha)
Love ya girl

KC said...

WOO-HOO!!! Way to go on the jeans!!!!! You have so totally transformed your body. You look even better now, than you did before having children, and THAT is something to be SO PROUD OF!!!

I found a picture of you, that you had sent me right after you had Grant. You don't even look like that same person anymore! It is amazing how you have transformed your body!
I am so proud of you!!!!!!!

Logzie said...

You go girl!! Congrats on the size 6. You are my inspiration!!!