II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Do your duds have a destiny?

If you are a guy and are reading this, here is your warning. This post will probably be more information about me than you care to know...

Okay, so my title is "Do your duds have a destiny?" I was going to title it "Do clothes carry karma?" but I looked up the word karma and didn't like its definition, so I switched it up. Anyway, what I am trying to ask is if you guys think there really is such a thing as a "lucky shirt" or such? This is why I pose such a question. A few months ago, before we went on our cruise, I purchased a particular pair of the prettiest panties you've ever seen. They were expensive and delicate and sexy yet not raunchy---just very feminine. What's even more, when on...they looked even better. However, I have since coined these undies as my un-lucky panties. It's crazy, I know....but in the past 5 months, EVERY time I have worn these undies...I can't seem to get lucky (if you know what I mean?!) My hubby thinks said panties are very pretty and sexy, yet it's like there is some kind of fate or doom attached to them that prevents the sparks from flying. It started with the first night I wore them on the cruise. Everything was perfect...it was formal night, we were decked out in our best "duds" and romance was in the air. But, somewhere during the evening, things took a turn and we ended up going to bed mad at each other and I was so bummed that I had wasted my "special panties" on this yucky night. Then after we got home, I didn't think much about it when I put them on again thinking that maybe this was "the night." And again...things didn't work out like I had planned. The next time I wore them, I had already begun thinking these panties were un-lucky but still...they were too delicate for every day wear...so I still kept saving them for "special" nights. All of which have ended up not being so "special" after all. Never, not once have I gotten "lucky" when I've worn these undies!!! Isn't that just absurd? So then yesterday, I figure it's been a while since I've worn them and it couldn't hurt to give them another chance. But again, they failed me---in a different but worse way this time...and now I am afraid to wear them anymore. I know it's probably all in my head....but it is just too weird. It's almost like I have to keep putting them on just to test if it is possible to see fireworks while wearing them.
Have I gone crazy? Just sitting here typing this I am wondering if you all are going to think I've done gone and went off the deep end...? ha ha
So, what do you think? Plenty of people have "lucky" clothes...could there be such a thing as "un-lucky" clothes???

2 comments:

KC said...

Girl, you crack me up! You know, next time you want to get "lucky", just strip and "get ready for bed" while you are naked. It has never failed me yet! :)
Guys don't care about the clothes (or at least mine doesn't), all in all, they just want to see you naked.... haha
As for un-lucky clothes, I don't think I have ever had any, only because i have never thought about it. I had recently went shopping and found the cutest little "low rise" thongs on sale at Victoria secret and at Dillards. I got them for only $2.99 each. So I stocked up. He can't resist any of those (I got plenty! haha)...so any day and every day can be "lucky". :)

Logzie said...

Have you considered a career as a stand up comedian? You always make me laugh!! If it's true, I bet you could put those panties on EBAY and make a fortune selling them to wives who don't want to "get lucky"...there are plenty of them out there...I think wives like us are in the minority unfortunately.