II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Friday, July 21, 2006

It's gettin' hot in here....

Whew! How many of you have tried shopping in The Gap with 2 run-away children and 1 impatient husband? Now add to that No Air Conditioning!! Yes, with temperatures up to 104 today...there are actually stores in our mall without a/c!!! It is beyond me how they can even operate. They had lots of fans going, but hot air is hot air--no matter how fast you swirl it around. What's funny though...is I didn't even realize the a/c was out until I was checking out! See, when I shop with my kids and chase them all over the store while trying to look and bargain hunt, I sweat up a storm anyway. I knew my face was red tonight and the nape of my neck was awfully sweaty, but I just figured it was from chasing Grant from the Baby Gap through Gap Kids and Gap (adults) all the way down to Gap Body AND back. I was actually kind of relieved when the cashier told me their a/c was out. I was beginning to wonder if I was having early hot flashes. It was a pretty successful trip although unbelievably exhausting. Poor Matt! I doubt I will EVER be able to convince him to take us to the mall again. At least he got a taste of what I go through every time I try to go somewhere with them. We did manage to get Brooklyn a really cute pair of jeans and an adorable chocolate brown and hot pink sweatshirt. Matt got a cool pair of camoflage plants and Grant got lots of cute stuff for winter and next summer. I didn't have much time to shop for myself, but I did scan the sale rack in Gap Body one of the times I was running through and found my BARGAIN OF THE DAY! I only wear this one particular bra that comes from there. It is AWESOME but it is $36 and never on sale...so I only have 3 and I just rotate them every day. But guess what? There was one single one on the sale rack and it just happened to be MY size for $6.97. Woohoo! That made all that sweating and chasing worthwhile! I also got a cute pair of undies for $2.99. Funny...I passed those same un-lucky panties I was talking about in my previous post and couldn't help but giggle. I thought I should put some kind of warning sign above that display letting all the women know what to expect out of those bogus britches...but then, like Logzeilla said, it would probably make MORE women buy them if they knew they'd keep them from "getting lucky." What a shame!
ANYWAY...at the moment, Matt is conked out on the couch and I just put both of the kids to bed in Grant's room again. I am locking my door tonight and Brooklyn knows this...so hopefully she'll stay in her little air-bed all night tonight. We'll see. As for me... I am going to go put on my favorite Sponge Bob jammies and curl up in my big, comfty bed and read The Red Tent. (I just got it at the library today Amy so I'll let you know what I think!)
Oh and I have a confession to make...I cleaned house today instead of doing stuff with my kiddos! It started out innocent enough...Brooklyn was at my parents house and Grant was busy watching a Curious Buddies video...so I thought, "I'll just sweep and vacuum the floors." But...as I was vacuuming, I noticed some spots in our only-7-month-old carpet and decided to shampoo it too. Next thing I knew, I had done 4 loads of laundry, cleaned the kids rooms, done the dishes and mowed the yard!!! At least its only Friday...I VOW to spend lots of time playing for the next 2 days. No more cleaning (except for what just HAS to be done). Good night!!!

0 comments: