II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus...

As I was rocking Grant to sleep yet a 3rd time last night, this hymn came to my mind and I sang what parts of it I could remember. I realized as I was singing how very true it is. I don't know how I would live if I couldn't "trust in Jesus". I'd be a basketcase...a real "chicken with her head cut off." He is my solid rock, my fortress, my breath of heaven in this dingy, depressing world. I read an article in a magazine yesterday that really spoke to me. It's been my heart for some time now, but God has been bringing it up a lot lately---the importance of seeing to it that ALL of our family knows Jesus. Brooklyn has been asking a lot of questions about heaven lately and what it takes to "go there." I had to tell her that even though some of our family are good people, they WILL go to hell if they don't accept Jesus into their hearts. Do you realize how hard it is to tell a 5-year-old that her beloved family could possibly burn in hell???!!! Wow! It pricked my heart and made the passion that I've always had for leading my family to Jesus become more important now than ever. Life is short. Our time here is fleeting and could end at any moment. Why don't we make it our #1 goal to reach as many people (especially our close friends and family) with the Good News that Jesus has come to save them??? Probably because we get so busy with our day-to-day lives to give something like that much thought or time, but really, that IS what we are here for and what God has called us, as Christians, to do. If you are reading this, it is very likely that you are MY close friends and family. Most of you know Jesus and have a relationship with Him...but if you don't...your time is up! It is my goal and my prayer that you will come to Him and experience Real Life! Nothing this earth has to offer can ever compare to the peace and joy that you will feel when you know that you are a child of God Almighty and that you are protected from the evil's of this world. He is HOPE when life seems hopeless and JOY when all you feel is sadness and LOVE when you feel unloved and alone.
Well, I didn't mean for this to get so lengthy...but it's something that needs to be said (and done) and I don't "go there" nearly enough on this website! I love you all! Have a BLESSED weekend!

0 comments: