II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thrifty Thursday

Ya'll..I have nothing. Nadda. I can't think of a single thrify thing to tell you today. I am having a bummed out day about money and bills and the prices of gas and milk and I am just not feeling inspirational. Sorry. Maybe I'll do a Frugal Friday if something comes to me tomorrow....!?
If anyone has any tips on keeping a checking account in balance (debits recorded)..please share. It seems like I get less "organized" where this is concerned every month even though I SWEAR I am going to do better. Augh!

5 comments:

Logzie said...

I try and enter mine every couple days...makes life so much easier...

Plus being on a budget, I have to know where I am at on things so I know what I have left to spend in each catagory...

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm with ya. Nothing thrifty coming to mind as of yet. I feel like I am so ultra frugal lately. I can't even be thrifty b/c I am too busy being frugal (ie- not spending money) :(

On the debits, I use Quicken. The bank I use reports pending transactions nearly immediately. So, just about everyday, I go to the bank website to see if there are any new charges. Then, I enter the charges into Quicken. The only things I have to remember to record are the very few checks that we write. They are so rare, but when we write one, I try to go to Quicken the same day to record it.

Amos said...

Set up a time every day M-F and do it at the same time. Have Matt put his receipts on the bathroom counter and then that will remind you to do it first thing. Ben leaves his receipts for me and it is the one of the first things I see in the morning to do. I don't always make it every day, but at least then it's on my brain.

KC said...

We have been on a very tight budget lately. We are saving money for vacation next week, and then Mine and Levi's birthday in August, our 11th wedding anniversary today!, Levi starting school next month, and also saving for my classes.

The only way we keep it all straight is through "Microsoft Money". I keep it updated/download from our bank, and Stephen gives me his receipts each week so I can balance it all out.

Logzie said...

You have been tagged my friend!

See my blog for more details...

Love ya!