II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I was Tagged....

THE RULES:
1. Post these rules before you give the facts.
2. List 8 random facts about yourself.
3. At the end of your post choose (tag) eight people and list their names (links)
4. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know you've been tagged.

Okay guys, I am not going to do this correctly because quite frankly, I don't know how nor do I want to take the time to figure it out. SO....I am just going to give you my 8 random facts...and the rest...I will just pretend I didn't see. ha ha

My random facts:

1. Once in junior high, I was in cross country. It was my ritual to dry-shave my legs everyday before we ran. (who can run with prickly legs? ha ha) Anyway, one particular day as I was running, I ran through a pile of Taco Bell salsa packets. They burst open when I came down on them and splattered ALL over my freshly shaved legs. That my friends, was the closest I have ever come to being on FIRE! Ugh..makes me shudder...just the memory of it. After that, I HATED cross country.

2. The first time I used the internet was about 3 years ago. I stayed away from it as long as I could knowing that once I got "on line" I'd be sucked in for good.

3. I have naturally curly hair. If I didn't straighten it (and put so many chemicals in it), my hair would be the same as Brooklyn's (except for the color, of course!)

(Man, this is harder than I thought..I can't think of anything interesting)

4. I grew up without a TV in our home. From the time I was about 6 until 12, we didn't own a TV. Therefore all the shows my friends were watching I missed out on. I always wanted to see an episode of 90210.

5. In high school, I was the teacher/leader of our school bible study group Alpha & Omega. I had about 20-30 kids in my group and I taught it one a week all year. I would usually get up early before school and pick up donuts for everyone and then we'd meet in an empty classroom 45 minutes before school started to have praise & worship, prayer and Bible study. I took some heat for it...but I didn't care. What an honor it was to have this position!!!

6. I started shaving my legs at the beginning of 5th grade. (which was the beginning of my obsession with smooth legs). That is also when I started wearing a 36C underwire bra! (that's what size I started out in...before that I just wore sports bras all the time.) (BTW: I am not proud of this fact...it was horribly embarrasing and disgusting to me to be so big at this age in my life---but it runs in my family.)

7. I love onions. Not raw...but cooked, I like them in everything. Sometimes I just slice up an onion, put it in a little butter and sautee it and then just eat it all by itself. YUM!

8. I used to think I wanted to be a singer. I did sing specials at church occasionally and once I even had my pastor (the one who married Matt and I) prophesy over me that I would use my life to sing for the Lord and that he saw me comparable to Sandi Patti. Wow! That was pretty exciting....but it hasn't panned out although I believe God has given me some visions about this in the past year...but I am just waiting for the time to be right. Don't worry...you'll never see my name in lights...I'm not NEARLY that talented...but I do love to sing and dance...and I have some ideas of how I could use that for the Lord!

Okay, so there you have it...the 8 most interesting things I can figure out to say about my self during the 5 o'clock morning hour. :o)

4 comments:

Logzie said...

#1-ah yah, that taco sauce/dry leg fiasco sounds AWEFUL!!

#2-I am also an internet addict...are we supposed to join a support group now?...oh yah, that's what our blogs are..HA!

#3-Ella is getting curly hair too...we are confused...where did the blonde hair and curls come from?

#4-WOW! I lived on TV...Brady Bunch, Laverne & Shirley, Price Is Right, that's all I did growing up since I was a latch key kid.

#5-You go girl, that's awesome! Good for you!

#6-I so don't have that obsession...I hate shaving my legs...I like them smooth but I hate shaving them. Chuck was just commenting last night about how when we were dating, I always had smooth legs...and what happened...
AND
Oh you probably had all the girls jealous with your 36C. :0)

#7-Now this one we are opposite on. I too LOVE onions but I need them fresh...I despise cooked/soft onion...I love the crunch. Logan eats them raw while I am chopping them...now that's extreme!

#8-I had NO idea you could sing! I wish I could hear you someday...

P.S.-thanks for your kind words the other day...I am so glad I have you Jen!

Unknown said...

ooo. Doesn't dry shaving give you bumps? I'm with you on #3, I have curly hair too. And #5, I was the president of our Students for Christ in high school. Loved that group! And #7, I love sauteed onions! I craved them when I was pregnant with Bobby. I would actually saute a vidalia onion in olive oil and eat the entire thing all to myself! Ha!

Beverly said...

I never would have guessed that your hair was naturally curly. I too have naturally curly hair and have never found anything to make it look as straight as your does and even when I do straighten it it is still fuzzy. What's your secret? I'm really curious.

Jen said...

Bev,
Here's my secret:
1. Use a good straightening serum while your hair is still wet.
2. Get a big, FAT round brush with stiff bristles and brush away while you blow dry.
3. Straighten using a GOOD, quality straightening iron (ceramic works best).
4. Finish off with some kind of finishing spray or paste stuff. I will take a pic of all the products I use and post them on my blog for ya!
Good luck! Before I learned these "tricks" I had tried EVERYTHING---even using an actual iron on my hair! I know what a job it is to get it straight!