II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What have you got to lose?

Well, the get-fit bug has bitten me again. I am totally pumped up about getting in shape for summer. You do realize that there are only about 2-3 more months until we're back in shorts, don't you? And only about 4-5 months (depending on where you live) till it's time to slip into your swim suit! Just think of what you can do in that amount of time! It's so motivating to me to imagine where I could be physically in 4 months! Summer is going to be here before we know it regardless of what we do in the meantime...so why not give it all you've got for the next 4 months and feel super sexy this summer?
This is what I am thinking...I am going to start watching (not counting every single one) my calories. I am making 1200 my target, give or take a hundred. I am doing aerobics and weight training on Tuesday's, Thursday's & Friday's at the gym and Dancercize on Monday & Thursday nights. On the off days, I am going to make it my goal to walk on the treadmill for a minimum of 20 minutes and do some floor exercises at home. For the first time ever, I am not going to focus on 'losing weight' but rather on getting in shape/being healthy. That is a new concept to me seeing as how in the past...all I really cared about was how skinny I was. I didn't care if I ate all 1200 calories from junk food...just as long as I didn't eat more than 1200. Now I am changing the way I think about this stuff. For it to really last..and change your life..you have to have proper nutrition which will give you the energy you need to follow through with your work outs. Sure you may lose weight JUST watching your calories...but you'll still feel draggy and tired all the time because your body will be lacking. Kind of like filling your gas tank in your car with water versus gas. Your car just wouldn't run properly (if at all). Food is fuel for your body...nothing more. It is not entertainment. It is not your friend. It cannot be your source of happiness.
Don't get me wrong...I am preachin' to myself just as well. I can get all worked up and excited just thinking about certain foods. Queso and tortilla chips....yummmmmm! Bacon Cheddar Burger and fries...........oh yes!! Warm brownie with vanilla ice cream....Uh Huh!!!
But that's the old (unhealthy) me talking. The new me will enjoy those things still occasionally...but hopefully with a little less passion each time. I want the "joy" or "fun" of eating those thngs to be balanced with the knowledge of what I am really putting into my body and how hard I will have to work out to burn those 500 extra calories!
So....who's with me? If you're not, then I will just assume you already have the body you've always dreamed of...right? You already eat the proper amounts of veggies and fruits each day and exercise routinely. You're completely ready for that swimsuit, right? Huh? What's that? You say there are things you'd like to change? Oh, alrighty then. That's what I thought! Ha ha. Okay, now I am just being a dork. But really girls (and guys!) time's tickin'. What have you got to lose?

2 comments:

Logzie said...

I am with you girlfriend!!

I am not a calorie counter but I am on my healthkick. Going to the gym faithfully and eating healthy...all around making better choices in life. I am already seeing results!!

Thanks for the encouragement and boost!!

KC said...

I just got this book by Tosca Reno. It is called "The Eat-Clean Diet". It is all about making a lifestyle change, and choose healthy foods. It is amazing. I highly recommend it!

So I am on board with you girlfriend! I want to look good inside and out. (I just read your other post too...you are so right on..and I think we all know what you meant.) Afterall, our bodies are God's temple. He resides in us. So we should care for our bodies through a healthy diet and exercise, so that it can function at peak performance, the way God intended. I don't think he designed us for all of this junk food that is thrown at us these days, nor to sit on our rear and do nothing all day. So lets get out there, exercise, allow God to use us to minister to others, and inspire others to live a healthier/happier life for Him!

I am so proud of you Jen! You have come such a long way in the past few years (physically), and you minister to me (spiritually) everyday through you wonderful Blog! You are such an encouragement! I am so glad that we have been able to keep in touch and stay friends, even with all the miles between us. You are a very special friend and I am blessed for knowing you!
Love ya girl,
Kandy