II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

every party has a pooper that's why we invited you...Oklahoma Weather!

Ughh...this Oklahoma weather! I was sitting in my car on Friday morning, enjoying the nice weather listening to the birds chirp and sing and I thought..."Boy...these birds aren't gonna know what hit them in a few hours! They just THOUGHT they'd flown South for the winter already...but look out birdies...the South's about to FREEZE OVER!" It's just crazy how we can go from the 60's to the 20's in one day! From pretty weather to solid ice! Anyway...it happened and like I heard a DJ say on the radio this morning...It looks like Narnia outside. We ended up having to postpone Brookyn's birthday party that was scheduled for today since 75% of the people we invited would have had to drive to another town (20 minutes away) to the skating rink. She was pretty bummed, of course.
Matt's been working non-stop (15 hours today) and he's got to be up and out by 4:30 in the morning tomorrow!! Lots of people without power I guess. Our power went out today for a little while..but thankfully not for too long. We are all electric out here and don't have a fireplace...so it gets cold in our house quick!
Well anyway...since we were stuck in the house all day, I broke down and did play dough with the kids. (refer back to my post titled "memory lane" if you don't know why I say "broke down"). Anyway, I am going to post the pictures from what we made so I don't feel like the time we spent was TOTALLY a waste! hee hee

0 comments: