II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Do a little Dance...make a little love...get down tonight!

Hi everyone! So..I did it..I took the plunge and switched over to the "new" Blogger. Have all the rest of you switched too? This is my first post since 'converting' so hopefully I won't be sorry. I know my friend, Kandy, warned me to hang onto the old blogger for as long as possible..and I did. But then all of a sudden for some odd reason, I couldn't view my blog anymore and the only thing I could think to do was switch over and then maybe it would fix the problem. But, as of yet..I still can't view my blog. Hopefully you guys can though..?? Would the first person who reads this leave me a comment so I'll know that you can still get to my blog? Thanks!
Anyway, the reason this is titled "Do a little dance..." is because I am SO excited about this new form of exercise I have started! I found out last week that there is something in my little town called "Dancercize" at the Methodist Church. It is on Monday & Thursday nights from 6-7:15. I went tonight for the first time and I loved it. It's about 90% dance and 10% exercise...but I worked up a major sweat. The girl teaching it is GREAT! She's probably an awesome dancer. We learned several routines (one latin, one hip-hop and a couple others) and did them to songs like "Dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?" and "Fergilicious" and "She bangs" and lots more. I knew all the songs which made it even more fun. Did you guys know I am a hip-hop addict? It started about 2 years ago and I've been hooked ever since. (Of course...there are some songs I DON'T listen to---the nasty ones) but it really boosts my moods and energizes me. Anyway...I am really thrilled to have found something like this in my own town. The gym I go to for my aerobics classes is about 20 minutes away so I only go twice a week. Now I will be able to work out 4 times a week (outside of home). I am doing my treadmill a lot more now at home..hooray! Time to start getting in shape for summer! Bathing suit season is just around the corner!
In other news....Grant got a big boo-boo today that I thought was going to require stitches! He was behind Brooklyn's bed and knocked down a big, heavy mirror. Apparently the corner of it hit him right on the head because when I ran in there (I was in the other room mopping at the time) there was blood running from his head all the way down to his hands. I nearly passed out! Once I got everything cleaned up, I could see that there was really only one gash that was about 1/4 inch long. It looked pretty deep though so I called the doctors office. They told me as long as it stops bleeding within 20 minutes, he wouldn't need a stitch--no matter how deep it was. It did stop bleeding finally...thank God! There's nothing like seeing blood on your children to make your heart drop right out of your chest into your stomach!
Well, I could chatter on and on but Brooklyn is waiting on me to read her a bedtime story. I do want to mention that my friends, Teya, Amos and Guru took me for my initiation into scrapbooking Friday night and much to my delight...I loved it! At first it was totally intimidating but I just made myself jump right in and start doing a page (even though I knew it wouldn't measure up to theirs) and I ended up getting 3 done while I was there that night. I'll post a picture of them for you all to see. Now I have a mile-long list of all the things I want to buy for my scrapbook collection. I probably won't be able to do it quite as "religiously" as they do...but I will strive to scrapbook at least once every month or two. (It's been over a year since I've done any!) Wish you could have been there Logzie...it just seemed like you should have been! Hope to meet you someday though!! Okay...Brooklyn's getting impatient...mumbling something about the fact that I am always too busy....hmmm?? Wonder why she thinks that? Ha Ha. Goodnight all!
Well....I'm back. I decided to just read her the book and then come back and write some more since I remembered I have another story to tell you guys. I'll call it The Birthday Party Disaster. It starts like this: Last Saturday, Jan. 13th was supposed to be Brooklyn's birthday party. Since we got a major ice storm, everything shut down so I had to cancel her party. I called all the parents and told them that I'd send notes to school with Brooklyn to send home with each of them telling them when the party had been rescheduled for. I called the skating rink and rescheduled the party for Sunday, Jan. 21st. I made up really cute little notes and wrote each child's name on one and set them on the counter to send to school with Brooklyn...BUT...school ended up being cancelled ALL WEEK LONG! On Saturday it dawned on me that those cute little notes were still sitting on my counter and that none of her friends knew that her party was the next day. So..I got busy on the phone again calling everyone. (of course, I should add that we also were forcasted to get 6-8 inches of snow that night!) Anyway...I spent the better part of Saturday evening making a roller skate cake to go along with her skating party. Her party was sheduled for 2 pm but since I had to teach the Kindergarten class at church Sunday, I just took everything with me that morning and figured I'd just go on over to the skating rink right from church. Well, after church I had a message on my cell phone from the skating rink telling me that they are having to shut down because they have leaks in their ceiling and the skate floor is all wet! I looked at my watch and it was 12:30...just an hour and a half before the party! I called Matt and we decided to just move the party to the bowling ally down the road. I had him call for me to make sure it was open and it was so I got my mom to cover the class for me for a minute so I could call all the parents YET again...but after the first call...my cell phone went dead! By the time I got to leave church...it was 1:15! I had totally thought I'd have enough time to each lunch before the party..but not now. So, my mom dropped me off at the bowling ally with the kids and she ran down to the skating rink to wait for all the kids to show up so she could tell them to go down to the bowling ally instead. So I go in and stand in line to get some lanes and the lady tells me that they are all booked up and don't have any open lanes!!! I am like NO WAY! I put my name on a waiting list and decide to just order some food from their snack bar and maybe by the time we are done eating...there will be some open lanes. So I go over to order some food (which is WAY over-priced by the way) and they tell me that they have SO many orders already...that it might be a long time and they actually decided to shut the snack bar down after my order! Anyway...all in all...it turned out fine. We got our pizza and french fries eventually and the kids had roller-skate cake and capri-sun's. (man a bowling ball cake would have been so much easier!!) Just in time...2 lanes opened up and they all got to bowl and had lots of fun doing it. I ended up spending a small fortune on it all though. We thought we'd be saving money since we could rent a lane for an hour for $15...but what they didn't tell me was that I had to pay $3 per child for shoes!!! So 2 lanes plus 10 pair of shoes added up. All in all...I think the kids probably had a great time and I'm sure they didn't even notice all the chaos. The poor moms though!! I had every last one of them doing something. Someone had to hand out the drinks, find the plates, get the forks, pass out the napkins oh and somebody please grab my camera and take some pictures! Ha Ha! Whew! What an ordeal! Glad it's over.
Okay, well, I think I've probably taken up enough of your time for one day! Goodnight!

4 comments:

Amos said...

I can still see your blog, that is weird why you can't see it. Blogger has issues at times. Glad you really enjoyed scrapbooking with us, it is lots of fun and you did some cute pages! And remember, don't go buying anything that IS NOT ON SALE! You are already a bargain hunter so that will just fit with this.

I am so sorry about Brooklyn's party. The things we go through for our kiddos. I'm sure she enjoyed the extended celebration.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like you have been busy...hopefully you are fully recovered from being sick! I still haven't switched to the new blogger yet...have been kinda hesitant to switch as I am still getting the hang of the old one!

I am glad that things turned out okay for Brooklyn's party..wow..that must have been pretty stressful though!

Logzie said...

Awe!! Thanks for the mention:0) I SO wish I was there too! Why couldn't we have met while I still lived there??? I am glad you had fun and liked our obsession! I warned you...you will get hooked!! I just knew with as much as you like nice clothes, and decorating that the scrapbook thing was only a matter of time! YOu will be surprised to see how all those trends relate.

And OMG...Brooklyn's party!! Hmmm...and I really thought those types of things only happened to me!! Sounds like things I have gone thru...where it's just one thing after another. I am glad it worked out in the end though. She's worth it!!

As for the new blogger. I don't like it as much. I keep getting this security thing pop up and now it's starting to pop up twice every time I go onto the comment page. 1/2 the time I start typing someone a comment only to find out that I am not logged in and I need to forfeit the comment to log in and then I am too lazy to re type it.

Well, there's my 2 cents! I am SO glad you loved the scrapbook experience!

Love ya girl!

Domestic Diva said...

Okay, I am glad you liked scrapbooking. Two things, one I was serious about your talent for putting outfits together to help you put pages together, two, you can come in March and meet Logi in person if you want. They are coming from march 1-5....just let me know....:o)

Third, I bought some shoes and posted a pic on my blog...I would like for your opinion on what to wear with them....please :0)