II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The devil is such a LOSER!

Saturday Matt and I were reflecting on our health and the fact that neither one of us had to go to the doctor one single time in 2006 (that we could remember anyway). Praise the Lord!! Of course, no sooner did I get the words out of my mouth before I started feeling sick. By Monday, I had a headache, sore throat, sinus congestion and had started feeling semi-icky. However, against my better judgement, my mom and I decided to go out shopping Monday night to get some gifts for Brooklyn's upcoming birthday (Thurdsay). I knew it would be my only night to shop since we have cheerleading on Tuesday nights, church on Wednesday nights and then Thursday is her birthday. Anyway, each minute longer that we shopped, I got sicker feeling and by 10:00 pm, I had lost my voice almost completely and my eyes were getting bloodshot. At 11:30 when I finally turned off the TV and got in bed...I was miserable. I still wasn't tired at all...but I knew I needed to get some rest. I just kept thinking of Logzie (my blogger friend) and how she keeps getting strep throat and about that one night she couldn't go to sleep. I don't know if I was paranoid about it or what...but I didn't go to sleep until 3:30 am!!! Even then, probably the only reason I went to sleep is because Matt got up to see what was going on and why I wasn't in bed. I told him how awful I was feeling. He said, "Have you taken some Tylenol?" And I was like "DUH!! Why didn't I think of that?" So, I took 3 Tylenol and laid back down in bed and finally got some rest. Anyway, yesterday I made doctor appointments for me and Grant (he'd been saying his mouth hurts and he has a "bug in his ear") and sure enough...we both have strep throat. Thankfully the doctor gave us both Zithromax which is only a 5 day treatment so we'll both be all better by Brooklyn's birthday party on Saturday. I am actually feeling a WHOLE lot better today even though I sound worse than the first day--I am so hoarse. Grant never has acted like he feels bad...but that's just kids for ya. They won't let much keep them from playing. Ha Ha. Well, I better go and get Brooklyn ready for school. Have a good day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw Man! Maybe I was typing too close to my keyboard while I was still contagious! Sorry!

Strep throat stinks!! The only good thing is that once you get meds, you usually feel better pretty quick! I am so good at detecting it as soon as it comes on and I get to the doc right away.

Get better soon!

Anonymous said...

We must be passing it to eachother...I am sick too. Not sure if it is strep. More like a combination of flu/cold, and sinus infection...yipee. Hope you are feeling better soon. I was supposed to go shopping for Micheal's birthday presents tomorrow(His birthday is Sunday), and had to cancel. I am hoping to get out on Friday to finish up.

Amos said...

I don't know why, maybe the Holy Spirit but I just knew you had strep when you told me your symptoms the other night. I am glad they gave you Zithromax so you will feel better in no time. Strep is crazy this year.