II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Friday, August 29, 2008

It's slow growing...

It seems like I've been growing my hair out forever! I look at pictures from the beginning of summer and I can hardly see any difference at all. Anyone got any suggestions for making your hair grow faster?
I remember in jr. high we would use this stuff called Mane & Tail that you had to buy at the vet. It was for horses--for their mane and tail..but supposedly it would make your hair grow faster! ha ha.... I doubt it worked and here all of us girls were washing our hair with animal shampoo!
Then in high school someone said if you take prenatal vitamins it will make your hair AND nails grow faster (and stronger) so there we went off to the pharmacy to get prenatal vitamins! I never did see any results from taking them...but at least I was getting some kind of vitamins--which I probably needed at that time in my life when my diet consisted of chips, bean burritos and diet coke!
Anyway, I'm sure there's some other remedy out there for making your hair grow faster...it'll probably be dumb and useless too...but at least it will make me think I am doing something to help! ha ha



10 comments:

KC said...

I take a "Biotin" vitamin daily. I don't know if it makes your hair grow faster, but mine grows really fast!(which is a pain when you highlight your hair, but oh well). I basically use it to keep my hair from falling out so bad. It helps keep it thicker and healthier. My Aunt (who is a beautician and has done my hair as long as I can remember) suggested them, and got me hooked on them. Just a suggestion....

smiling's my favorite said...

How funny... just tonight I was looking at you from across the room and I thought to myself, "Jenny's hair sure is getting long." I think I even mentioned that to you too. I guess when you look at the same head of hair every day, you just don't realize that it truly is growing. And it looks beautiful!!!

tori said...

i remember mane and tail! that is too funny. i think your hair is grwoing beautifully. i think it's funyy we had lisa measure our hair though. i do understand what you mean about the "is it getting any longer???" i go through that myself, but i continue to be patient. ha ha me... patient. anyhow we can do it together!!

Amy said...

Jen,
I'm taking prenatal vitamins and it seems to be helping me. If it doesn't work for ya, then like you said, at least you're getting good vitamins. :)
Love ya girl!
Amy

Amos said...

Hey, just build another house yourselves and then your hair will get really long since you will be sidetracked by all the commotion! Haha, I need a haircut so bad, but I don't think I have had mine cut in like 4 months and it's at least 3 or 4 inches longer. Maybe I can fit that into the agenda for next week, ha!

Simmons girlz said...

Marsha Brady would brush her hair 100 times a day...maybe you should try that..haha Just Kidding...
I think your hair is getting longer, just a thought, when you get your color done, do you always get a trim..sometimes its okay to skip the trim as long as you have no split ends, especailly when you are growing...check out my blog later, I did the funky hair do...I LOVE IT!!!
BTY The muffins were SO good...I really liked the right out of the oven..yummy

Tammy said...

I think your hair looks like it has grown quite a bit. And i love those stinkin' highlights!!

My friend Lisa claims she put Miracle Gro on her hair back in the day, but that can't be true, right?

home4mk said...

scalp massage! is Matt up for the task?! when you get oxygen to the scalp it grows faster! kind of like marsha brady brushing her hair 100 times!

Teresa said...

I remember the "main and tail" trend too! I never tried it but I remember it. I have no ideas for you but it looks like you already got plenty of new things to try...the scalp massage sounds the best to me!!

Anonymous said...

Jen, Can you ask kc how many mg's of Biotin she takes? I went to go get some, and there was 300 mg or 5000mg. Thanks, Ash