II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Shake, shake, shake! Shake Yo Boo-tay!

You know what stinks? That Christian's don't have any where decent to go to dance! I mean...anywhere there's dancing...there's also smoking and drinking and cursing and lots of nastiness. I want to go somwhere where I can sip on a cherry limeade and do the electric slide and not feel like I'm partaking in something sinful. Maybe dance a little salsa, some disco even a country song or two--break out the linedancing! Who doesn't have fun doing the motions to the YMCA? I think us young, married, Christian couples NEED this kind of thing! I mean, I don't know too many people who don't feel a little extra-romantic when they're in their lover's arms swaying to the beat of a good song. Sure, we can do it in the confines of our homes...but most of us have little ones running around our feet and THAT can totally "ruin" the moment! Plus, there's something about being in public...you see the love others share and it makes you reflect on how much you love your special someone. (or at least that's how it works for me).
I know there is a lot of ungodliness that is associated with dancing...but it doesn't have to be that way--does it?
Who else out there is with me on this? What can we do about it?

7 comments:

tori said...

i totally agree. so maybe we should host something like that at church..... hmmm there's a thought. you know me, i love, love, love to dance...
well if you have a solution please feel me in cuz i wanna shake it!

Teresa said...

mine doesn't shake...it just bounces and not to any beat or rythem. LOL!!! I SO CANNOT dance...no matter how hard I try! But, I know what you mean and I'd atleast go and watch...LOL!!

KC said...

I'm with Teresa on this one. This white girl can't dance...no rythmn here! haha :)

Kate said...

ok, now this is where I WISH we lived closer to each other - I am so with you on this one! I L.O.V.E. to dance (no partner needed!). And why is it that all the clubs that play good music are always the most expensive, trendiest, only serve high priced liquor, and everyone just goes there to hook up? That's why I love weddings so much. We are alwatys the first ones on the dance floor and the last ones off.

I can't wait for when we have our own kids so I can just turn on the radio and dance with them around the house - hope they appreciate dancing as much as I do!

Great idea Jen!

smiling's my favorite said...

I like the idea of dancing. Unfortunately, I haven't been anywhere where you dance on purpose except the 5 year old class at church where we dance when we praise the Lord... does that count? hehe :0)

home4mk said...

we totally promote dancing in our household. my hubby and i love to dance so we will come to the club you are going to open! lol--questions...is it truly that big of a sin?! just asking?!

mr zig said...

In our city they've tried creating a "christian dance club" with no alcohol - but it flopped. Since there is now a smoking ban in public places here the bars are not as gross. (I think the smoking was what made them gross) there are however a couple clubs that aren't filled with nasty 18 year olds getting to drink for the first time, and in these the clientele is much more mature and respectful of others. Sure, there is still drunken fools - but it's not NEARLY as bad as clubs here used to be. Maybe you can find something like that in your area?