II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The title-less post....(sorry, can't think of anything)

Hmmm.....what to blog???? hmmmm......
Wow guys...it seems like forever since I've really posted and yet I can't thing of any real interesting thing to say. I can think of gobs of totally insignificant things...but nothing noteworthy. I guess since I have the time...I'll just ramble.
We are going out of town this weekend! We are going to our hometown to visit family and friends and I am SO looking forward to it. It's been a long time coming and we really need some time together--just the 4 of us, as a family. After our visit there (Fri, Sat & Sun) we are going to stop half way on the way home and go to a big water park all day Monday and then go out for dinner and get a hotel and then go to a really cool museum place the next day. Just me and hubby and the kids. As excited as I am about this...you'd think we were going to Disneyland or something...but it's just gonna be nice to get outta here for a bit. Plus, the kids have been counting down the days till we get to see all our family. This time will be a special treat because we will be staying with Matt's mom. She got married recently and they just bought a new house, so we will have somewhere to stay instead of having to pay a fortune for a hotel. (that's why we are staying 3 nights). It'll be nice too, to have that much time there and not feel quite so rushed all the time to try to get SO much visiting in. Usually we have so many people to try to see that we just run here and there all day and then fall into our beds at night exhausted.
Anyway, not much else has been going on around here. Last night, Tuesday, the Amos family came over and ate and swim with us. It was such a nice night. The weather was PERFECT, the water in the pool was PERFECT and the food was delicious! The kids played great together which gave us adults a chance to visit. Ahhh....just wish we could do that more often!

Our church is offering Spanish classes from Sept 12-Dec. 12th so I have decided to take them. They are on Wednesday nights so the kids will just go to their classes. Our neighbors are spanish and don't speak English very clearly so it will be nice to finally be able to talk to them a little. Besides, I never took any kind of foreign language in H.S. and now I wish I had. So many people speak spanish these days, it's almost a necessity. And if for nothing else, now when I have a garage sale, I will be able to figure out what they are jibber-jabbering about to each other while they rummage through all my stuff! ha ha

Our church is also looking for people to participate in the Christmas program this year. They are putting together some sort of hip-hop lyrical dance. I signed up to be in it. Of course, I totally plan to chicken out after the first practice if it looks too hard....but at least I thought I'd give it a shot. I am, by NO means, an experienced dancer. The ONLY thing I know is what I have learned in Zumba at the gym...but I have figured out that once you get past being so self-concious...dancing really isnt that horribly hard. Plus its a great work out and SO much fun. Anyway, I'll let ya'll know how that turns out.

Well, I think that's about it for now. I think I'll spend the next few minutes before I zonk out catching up on all of your blogs! I love you all and goodnight!

3 comments:

Amos said...

Oh how I feel for you my friend. Let's just say Be FIRM in Love! If I say anything else I would be in sin! LOL!

I am so glad that you get to get out of town this weekend. It will be a great breather for you all. Thanks again for the fab time Tuesday evening. You're right, the water and weather were perfect, and the food was delisc! Love ya girl!

KC said...

Wow Girlfriend! We are going to your home town this weekend too!!!!! We are going camping, out at the lake, with Stephen's family. If you have a "breather" come on out and see us. It would be great to catch up with each other again. We are camping right by the park, and close to the swimming beach(our normal spots are still flooded).

I NEED to learn Spanish SO BAD!!! Everyone around here speaks it, but I can only say "words", I can't actually speak in sentences or anything. I would love to become fluent in it though. So I to can understand what they are jabbering about at our g-sales! haha You know they are talking about you, knowing you can't understand them. i would love to just chime in (in spanish) and shock their socks off! haha :)

Have a wonderful weekend, and if you get time, give us a shout. We will be going up there on Friday evening, and not coming back until Monday afternoon.

Love ya girly,
Kandy

Domestic Diva said...

Hey, didn't you and your hubby do dance lessons before? You would be great at it... :)Have fun on your vacation!

I'm with Amos....be firm...easier said then done though!