II Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Time Out

Hey ya'll! Just wanted to let you know that you probably won't be seeing anything from me on here for a little while. August is here in full swing and I am overwhelmed with additional responsibilities for the next week or two. Besides the fact that school is starting TODAY!...I am also doing transcription work for 3 extra doctors for the next week and a half while one of my friends goes on vacation. That means that instead of 1-2 hours of typing a day...I am looking at more like 8-10 hours of typing a DAY! I am already behind by 3 days worth of dictations....so I am certainly not going to have any free time any time soon. As a matter of fact...I shouldn't even be taking the time to be posting THIS...but...I was up till midnight working last night and then back up at 5:15 am this morning working and I just needed a little break. What better than to talk to you guys...my best buddies!
Anyhow...I am bummed that I won't get to blog since Brooklyn is starting school and I already have lots of things to talk about...like her WONDERFUL teacher! (hooray--we got the one we wanted!) but the bad thing is none of her friends from last year are in her class this year. She's pretty nervous about today. I am not feeling too great myself. I don't know if it's all the extra work that is stressing me out or knowing that she is nervous but whatever it is..I can't get these butterflys out of my stomach. This will be the first time she'll be away from me ALL day. Pre-K and Kindergarten were just for 2 hours. She is taking her lunch today since they are having cheeseburgers for lunch and she doesn't like them. (I know....only my kid!) She's got her clothes all picked out and ready and we spent about an hour last night preparing some charts for her so she'll know what to expect at 1)Morning time 2) After school and 3) At bedtime. I will take a pic so you guys can see what we did. I hope this helps to keep us on schedule and organized. In about 23 minutes, her alarm will go off for the very first time and I am willing myself to stay out of there and see if she can do what she is supposed to do all by herself. I would love to go "take care of everything" for her...but I have to let her grow up AND I do need her to be more independent especially during this extra-busy period I am in.
Okay, well...there I went rambling away when this was only supposed to be a quick little paragraph! Ya'll pray for me when you think of it because between school starting, all this work, and all the regular cooking and cleaning ...I am sure gonna need it. On Monday, Aug 20th, all this will be over and hopefully life will return back to 'normal.'
I love you guys!!

6 comments:

Logzie said...

Wow that does sound busy!! I saw all of your charts and they look FAB!!! I love the idea of cutting out pictures for them...I wanted to do that too but I don't have any magazines...ugh...

I bet Brooklyn will thrive with these charts...kids love schedules and routines!

I'll be thinking about her all day today. I can't beleive school starts so early there!

Amos said...

I cannot believe that school started today!!! It is ridiculous! I miss you girlfriend. Hey, maybe when all this busyness is done we can finally scrapbook!! Any other blogger people wanna join us, come on down! I will pray that you will get everything done quickly and accurately over the next two weeks. The charts look awesome. Great idea!

Unknown said...

Hey MJ... maybe it's good that you are so busy right now as it will help the hours fly by during the first few days of school! I am enjoying summer so much, it makes me sad to think of my oldest returning to school.

We will miss you in blogland. Looking forward to your return :)

Amy said...

Wow, you ARE busy! Great job on those charts for Brooklyn's schedule. I wanted to do some of those for my school routine when I was in the 3's class but never got around to it. They look GREAT!

Good Luck, Brooklyn on your first day of school! Which reminds me...I just bought Ryan a few books in the Junie B. Jones series to see if I could spark her interest in reading and she LOVES them! Has Brooklyn read any? Thought she might love them since she shares the same last name w/the character and Junie B. is in 1st grade too. Plus the books are really funny! :) Just a thought.

Hang in there and I'll be thinking of you and wishing you extra-speedy typing fingers for all that transcription work.

KC said...

Hang in there Jen!

Any words of encouragement? Levi starts school (kindergarten) on August 27th. But his kindergarten is all day, like regular school. I am nervous, he is excited! haha

I am going to steal your chart ideas! I love that! he can't read yet, but he can read pictures, so that will be a huge help for him.

If you have any encouraging words, I would appreciate them. I am a nervous wreck, and trying not to think about it! :) He has never been in daycare or pre-school, so I hope he is ready. I have been working with him, and he is very smart, but I'm still nervous. :)

Beverly said...

Eight hours of transcription a day, my goodness girl that alot. I will keeping you in my prayers. I only do 2 to 3 and sometimes that's enough to drive me bonkers. Miss your blog!